Part Five

After what happened to Si, a frantic Joyce had no other choice but to call Jim Hopper over. This could have been a new lead on the case of her missing son. She tried to explain the situation to Hopper in full detail, no matter how insane any of it sounded.

            Hearing about the girl (Si) and how she was helping to find Will, Hopper came to the only feasible conclusion: "She was pranking you guys. Some dumb kids at school probably put her up to it."

            "Hopp, do we know any kids stupid enough to pull such a cruel prank, using this?" She showed him the bizarre tool Si left behind in her living room.

            Hopper grimaced at the device. "What the hell is that?"

            "I don't know," Joyce said. "But that girl used it to help us talk with Will, and the next thing we know, all the lights in our house go crazy."

            "Joyce, she probably used this thing to do just that to scare you."

            "Again I ask, Hopp, who would waste the time and intelligence to do that?!"

            Unable to convince her of the possible truth, Jim was ready to give up; but he needed to know more about this unusual girl who used unusual tools to conduct fraudulent investigations.

            For that, he had to address the person who spoke to her first: Jonathan.

            "Do you know anything else about this girl?" He asked him.

            Jonathan shrugged. "Other than the fact she looked cute, nothing much."

            While Jonathan did his best to answer the chief's questions, Joyce felt Si's crazy device intensely pulsating in her hands when pointed at a specific direction. "Guys, look at this," she directed Hopper and Jonathan's attention to it. "I think it's working like a metal detector now. It might lead us somewhere we'll find Si and Will."

-----------