Chapter 2

The look he was giving right now brought about shivers down my spine. It reminded me of when my father realised that there was no way of getting back my mother. The look of shock, of change- of lost hope.

Was I really that? Lost hope?

Our gazes kept in lock for a few minutes, as if we weren't exactly sure what to do with each other. Kiss? Fly? Run? Grab a unicorn and go to the mythical realm of donuts and cookies? Just kidding, werewolves don't fly unfortunately.

The alpha looked away from me at exactly 1 minute 12 seconds, (not that I was counting) looked at his navy blue jeans pockets and took out his wallet.

"How much?" He asked, his bluish green eyes looking at me in either boredom.

I gave him my best 'what the hell are you talking about face' as he rolled his eyes.

"How much do you want me to give you for you to keep your mouth shut about this?
I'm an alpha, I can't be with a rogue"  he admitted.

My jaw dropped in disbelief.

Was this guy serious? I looked at my feet, suddenly finding the, interesting. 'This is exactly why I didn't want a mate' I tell my wolf and feel her sob in sadness.
'But without him, we won't be able to live like we used to. We'd be depressed and sad all the time' she warned.

This wasn't me, I won't let some man change me and my view of life.

Something fell from my jacket and I reached down to catch it, noticing that it was the picture of my sister, mum and I.

I took a step forward, we were so close now. I could smell his Minty breath fogging up my mind. "Listen well because I'm only going to be saying this once" I told him, anger clear in my voice.

"I am nobody's charity case. I never wanted a mate and meeting your horrible self has made me even more desperate to leave"
Looking at the picture in my hand, a sudden feeling of courage overwhelmed me.
"I'm going to go find my sister now and be out of your life faster than you can even mention your horrible personality"

He growled.

"Goodbye, you ass" I insulted and slammed the door on the way out.

My mate was not my top priority right now.

I had to find Kat first.

"Hey! Wait!" Someone called.

I didn't bother looking back and continued walking when I recognised the voice.

"Please.., what's your name?" The horrible guy asked.

I sighed.

"Will you just leave me alone? You just told me that I would ruin your reputation. If you don't want that to happen then leave."

That made him stop.

"I have to find my sister. She's the only person I have left" I said.

"I'm new to this, you know" he informed. "My mother and father were murdered by rogues right in front if me. That's why I kill rogues. I became alpha at the age of thirteen, only a year after I first shifted, my emotions were locked away, even from my brother. My wolf is constantly insulting me for what I did to you inside and. I'll have to be an idiot to let you go too."

"What are you trying to say..?"

"My name is Leonardo Cost de Nero, after six years of no feelings, this is the first time I have apologised since then. That's what I'm trying to say. I'm sorry"

"Sam, my name is Sam"

He smiled, "Sam". I couldn't help but like the way he said my name.

I shook away any of these thoughts as I thought about Kat.

"I'm sorry Leonardo but I have to go get my sister, she's only four and oh my god, she's all alone" I gasped out. He reached out to take hold of my hand but I stepped backwards shaking my head, the entire time. "I-I have to go" I stuttered, fear taking hold of my entire body as I thought about how I would find Kat, if I would find Kat, my imagination ran wild

"It will be okay Sam" Leo advised, "we'll go find her, together. I will not let you go out alone. Not now not ever. I might not be forgiven yet but I won't let you go out alone, in that rogue infested area"

That made me start hyperventilating more at the thought of my princess alone.

"Oh Styx" he cursed. "I'm sorry, I'll just shut up now. Yeah that's what I'm gonna do"

I ignored his rant.

"Where is the nearest exit?" I asked.

He showed me the way and I ran as fast as I could towards it.

If my sister gets hurt in any way, I don't know what I'd do. So together with my supposed mate (whom I had not yet accepted) we went out searching for her.
The little girl who was my life.

The girl who was more of a daughter than a sister to me.

The only person I trusted in this cold and cruel world.

I ran out, with the picture of my used to be loved family still in my hand.