Chapter 5

Leonardo's P. O. V.

I felt something wet fall down my cheek.

Was it raining?

I looked up towards only to meet a clear sky.

I was crying?

It's been so long since I cried.

The pack doctor was currently checking on Sam's condition and despite my protest he wouldn't let me in to see her.

I felt my shirt being tugged and I look down to meet her sister's eyes.

"Mr" she said softly, "Is Sammy going to be alright?" Kat asked, a small frown on her face.

I smiled softly and lifted Katherine on to my lap as to see her more clearly. "Your sister is going to be fine" I advised even though I was trying more to convince myself than Katherine.

"How old are you Kat?" I questioned, trying to distract my thoughts but not managing.

She took out three fingers and said "four." As I gently took out another one of Kat's little fingers to make four I couldn't help but see the similarities between her and my mate. The blue eyes, the dark hair.

"Where are your parents little Katty?"

She shrugged. "Mummy left and daddy hurt Sammy and I"

I stiffened. What did she mean by hurt?

I was about to ask her but before I could the door to Sam's room opened. I stood up making the little girl stand with me.
I could see Sam's unconscious form through the barely open door. Although I wanted to run in there and make sure that she was alright I stopped myself. Kat, was a different story.

"Sammy! Sammy!" Kat yelled and tried to run in the room but before she could I stopped her.
"Hey, hey" I told her softly as she tried to wriggle free from my arms. "Let me go, I want to see Sammy" Kat cried, tears falling like a waterfall from her eyes.
"Sammy is my sister, I want to go see her." She sobbed.

"Sweet heart, Your sister is hurt, I'm not going to lie to you. Right now she needs rest. I swear on the moon goddess that after she gets some rest I'll take you to see her" I promised.

She shook her little had, her now messy pigtails moving in sync.
"I don't believe you, you have to swear on Ariel and Elsa first" she informed in a serious voice.

"Okay then sweetheart, I swear in Ariel and Elsa that I will take you to see Sam just not right now"

Kat nodded stiffly and looked at Sam's room, blowing her a kiss across the way.

I looked around until my eyes made contact with my second in command's mate who worked as a nurse.

"Angela, I need you to take little Kat home and if you can, let her play with the other pack children" Angela nodded a smile on her face.

"It would be a pleasure alpha. Come on honey bunch, I hope you like Disney movies" she advised holding out her hand. Kat nodded and looked at her feet, as if they were the most interesting things in the World.