Chapter 6

Sam's P. O. V.

I was never a big fan of the dark.

My father used to lock me in the dark basement after a long beating. I would barely be conscious but it was still terrifying. The fear that he would come back or that he took his anger out on Kat was too overbearing. The mere thought of being alone and in the dark gave me goosebumps.

And yet, as I looked at the black place I was in, I was happy. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay there. To continue feeling peaceful and relaxed. To feel as if nothing bad can happen again.
I closed my eyes in content.

I was free.

Free of all my problems.

That's when I heard it.

"We're losing her!" A gruff voice said and I hear the sound of a machine turn on.
"Sam don't you dare leave!" Someone familiar voice yells out. "Think about your sister, dammit!" He cries. "What would Kat do if her sister is gone? What would I do if my mate dies" Leo whispers more to himself than me.

Kat...Leo

How could I be so selfish?

'I have to go back. I can't stay here' I thought to myself.

I won't let my fear of father ruin the life I currently have.

I wanted to experience life. I wanted to buy Kat the Disney soft toys she always wanted and despite Leo being an ass, I wanted to get to know him as well. I wanted to go back home.

A bright white light made me see myself again, made me look differently at the way I thought of things.
And as I was consumed by it I couldn't help but think that I wanted to live.

Leonardo's P. O. V.

"She's going to be okay alpha" Doctor Jones informed just as I fell down on the floor in relief, both my hands in my hair. I was just sitting next to Sam when her heart monitor suddenly gave in a large beep. It had been a week since the surgery and there were no signs showing when she would wake up.

I had already brought in Katherine to see Sam about three times.

"Why is Sammy sleeping?" She had asked. I smiled at her innocence and proceeded on telling her that Maleficent had cast a sleeping spell on Sam and could only be woken up by a true love's kiss.

"Then why haven't you tried kissing her" Kat questioned, her big blue eyes twinkling with both mischief and curiosity. If only she knew how much I wanted that.

Kat later left with Angela again although this time she wasn't that unhappy due to this 'Trevor' friend she had made. I'll have to do some research on this 'friend' later. Wouldn't want Kat to start liking boys from now.

"We don't know what happened alpha" Dr. Jones informed bringing my thoughts back to reality. "It was as if her body just gave up and after some time got her courage back"

"Thank you for helping her" I thanked referring to the AED equipment.

"Just doing my job and helping my Luna, sir"

I nodded and together with his nurse left Sam's room.

I walked towards her pale dead like body and hold her ice cold hand. 'Why is she this cold?' I ask myself and cover her with the quilt. As I placed my hand over Sam's I felt her move.