1.5

Based on Season 3 Episode 2 Chaos Rising

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach Finstock spoke and Scott who sat in front of Scarlet raised his hand. "Yes, Mccall, you can go to the bathroom. Anybody else?"

"Uh, no, Coach, I know the answer." Scott explained and Coach started laughing aloud. Scarlet rested her elbow on the desk allowing her head to lean on her hand as she observed the scene before her with a slight smile.

"Oh, you're serious." The words left Coach's mouth as a statement rather than a question, nevertheless, Scott answered.

"Yes, risk and reward."

"Wow! Who are you? And what have you done to McCall?" Coach chuckled looking at the boy and Scott wore a broad smile. "Don't answer that. I like you better. I like you better. Does anybody have a quarter? A quarter." Finstock looked around and Stiles shifted, digging into his pocket.

"Yep." He pulled out a quarter from his pocket but with it, the blue plastic obstructed Scarlet's view. She quickly shifted her head to look straight ahead as opposed to looking at the condom Stiles just dropped.

"Stilinski, I think you - uh - You dropped this." Coach picked up the condom and handed it to the awestricken boy who sat with his eyes wide. "And congratulations." He smirked at Stiles and Scott subtly twisted his head to see the glowing eyes that resided behind him. "Risk and reward. Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward. Okay, watch coach." Finstock stood a couple of feet from the mug on the ground and flung the coin allowing it to fly into the cup after hitting the ground and springing off. "That's how you do it! Okay. Danny! Risk, reward."

"Scarlet, your eyes." Scott spoke after he glanced back at her.

"Mhm." She closed them with a nod and began breathing somewhat deeply but not too audibly. That didn't stop Stiles from turning and making an inquisitive face at Scott. His best friend shook his head and Stiles hesitantly turned back to the front of the room.

"What's the reward?" Danny replied to Coach's question. Scarlet began to focus on the seemingly loud ticking of the clock.

"You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." Coach explained to Danny and the class collectively sighed. Scarlet opened her eyes slowly and saw Scott staring back at her. He smiled and her lips curled slightly before going back to the unemotional line they were in before.

"Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it." Danny explained to him.

"Danny, you know, I really expect more from you at this point. Really." He moved over to Scott. "McCall. Risk, reward. The risk : If you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop - the, the quiz. And - And you have to write an essay. Risk, more work. Reward, No work at all. Or, choose not to play."

"But isn't this just chance?" Scott wondered, still somewhat confused about the lesson.

"No. You know your abilities, your coordination, your focus, past experience. All factors affecting the outcome. So what's it gonna be, McCall? More work, no work, or choose not to play?"

"No play. Okay. Who's next? Who wants the quarter?" Coach wondered and Stiles slammed his hands on his desk a few times before standing up with a smile.

"There ya go! There's a gamblin' man! Come on! Step up, step up. All right, Stilinski." Stiles hopped over to his position and began lining up the shot.

The door opened and the Sheriff and one other officer walked in. "Stiles."

"Yeah, Coach, I got it." Stiles said not looking up and Scarlet sat up in her seat.