Kabanata 5

Kabanata 5

Times passed by without my awareness. I lounged at my sofa and watched my Mother as she took her fast pace toward me. She was wearing her usual formal dress and light make up. I suddenly wondered if my father would like to be here. As if naman na gusto niya? He was maybe enjoying the company of his bitch.

I watched my Mother as she took out my with dress— for today's event of them. I rolled my eyes. It was my graduation day but I felt like inept to do something else but to throw myself on my bed and neglect my responsibilities as their daughter. I was only wearing my skinny shorts and a spaghetti strap. Damn, I was really tired and lazy to do all of this shit of them.

"What is this? Bakit hindi ka pa nakaready?" Mom said while draping my dress right in front of me through her pale hand.

I scrunched my face and took my phone, "Ang aga pa. There's no way to tittle me an early bird."

"It's already seven!"

"So? I don't care, mom."

"Cami," she warned.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako ganito ngayon. I was totally grumpy and hard to please. I was also antsy because everything was fucked up. I clamped on my phone's button to light up. When I saw Drook's text, I beamed and eagerly opened it.

From: Drook

This is our day. Congratulations, love.

I pondered for a better reply and when I composed the whole message through my mind, I typed it:

To: Drook

Congratulations too, Drooky. :)

I wasn't ready for any connection to anyone here— except for Zach of course. I'd been so analytic and observant about Drook. I wasn't yet certain about my feelings. Yes, I maybe so happy while I was with him, he makes me smile, he can take off the wedged pain of insecurities that stuck in my heart for so long. Every time I was with him, all my worries about my life were set aside. Gusto ko siya, and I know that he knew it already.

It has been weeks since the last time I talked to Zach. He was busy with his studies and for his Law School. After taking his Bachelor Degree here, he might get his Law School in UST, that was according to him. Well, he won't sweat on finding a firm to practice because they have their own Law Firm. His Father was attorney Ezethos Torres, the most in demand Attorney in the Philippines.

About my grades, it was okay. Well, my Father was such an influential person, so he had his own clever move to talk to the dean in the college to just pass me in all the subjects. Sinabi ko naman na kasi sa kanila na ayaw ko and yet they insisted this shit, so deal with my damn. At saka, Dad was at behind all these and yet he was absent on this day? Mas pinipili niya pa talaga ang babae niya kaysa sa anak niya, huh? Shame on you, my beloved Father.

Tumayo ako at kinuha ang damit na nakasabit sa kamay ng aking ina. I heaved a sigh and traipsed toward my closet and wore it. Thankfully, my makeup artist attended early so I don't need to rush myself just to catch up the supposedly time of march. After one month, I was sure that I will be the acting CEO of our company, which is the selling of Fishing Vessels Internationally.

Can I say that I am not yet ready to them? No, of course you can't, Cami! Anong akala mo sa Tatay mo? He can grant everyone's request except you. You were the disappointment to their family so bear with the treatment. When I was still a kid, I always envy the actions he did towards my sister, but I tried my best to dismiss the reckoned thought of him towards me. But when I reached the age of 16, I realized that I can't please him, I can't ever get his attention, and I was forever the catastrophe to their family.