Ch. 23

*THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY - *
John left Hope as he'd found her, parched, strapped, and desperate for release. He didn't enjoy seeing her like that, but authorizing her release increased the chances that someone would move her to another location where he wouldn't be in control and that was something he couldn't risk.

Throughout the morning he made appearances around the hospital being sure to swipe in to the normal units and getting into his office before 8. His time was carefully spent making phone calls and being in contact with several staff members making sure to mention meetings he needed to attend for the afternoon.

Sitting at his desk the anticipation began building and sweat trickled down his temples. He tried settling his nerves but the idea of the task awaiting him both excited and terrified him. Without even thinking about it, his hand reached for the tiny rake of the mini zen garden his wife had bought him for work.  It was only a small square wooden box filled with and a handful of sand but it meant everything to him. She bought it because it was designed to reduce stress and enhance creativity.  Creativity would be needed, today would be his first time taking a life and although well deserved, he knew it would change the very essence of who he was.

Many nights he'd dreamt it, it was a recurring theme ever since the event. Since Alice had ruined his life. Those dreams were the voice of his inner monster--poking its ugly head up in the most gruesome of ways and making him lust for more. Keeping her alive this long was a testimony to his ability to suffer. An important skill as life is full of moments that test you.

He pulled into the driveway and closed the door behind him. Turning on the lights he crossed to the radio and turned then knob to find some meaningful classical music. The volume knob rotated until turning the volume up until he could feel the beat thumping in his feet.

The plans for making her breakfast stalled quickly as his hands were shaking too badly to try and operate the stove. Instead he took out a jug of milk just barely over the  expiration  date and added a hefty squeeze of Sophie's favorite chocolate syrup.

None of the usual pain and anxiety was present at the thought of entering her room.  His toe tapped with the music as he crushed up sedatives into a finely ground powder and stirred them into the drink. Tension exited his muscles as he realized it was finally going to be over - and for his ability to be patient and reserved he would reward himself with pleasure.  It was only fitting after all, hard work should always have some benefits.

Alice was laying on the floor in a mess of her own filth. She was still, a rarity and he wondered if it were a good sign or a dangerous one. Walking toward the front of the cage he hummed loudly to alert her of his presence. A startled Alice was one he'd rather not mess with.

Immediately she jumped to her feet. Her long knotted hair hung limply across her face and he was bothered by not being able to read her expression. He didn't underestimate her anymore. Once was enough. Slowly his hand held out the cup containing the chocolate milk laced with a heavy dose of sedatives. She drank the glass quickly like an animal and growled at him while he spoke.

"It's about time we changed things around here. Don't you think? You've been a caged bird way too long Alice. Not that it could be helped - you're a very naughty girl. You remember don't you?"

She let loose an animalistic scream in reply and he uttered thanks for the cork board surrounding the room and the loud music. She was agitated and he decided to keep talking until he could see the glassy look of a drug induced stupor take over.

"I miss them Alice. My wife, my daughter. Keeping them here with me brings me some joy- but nothing could replace what you stole. The laughter. The warmth. The sparkle in Sophia's eyes when we played."

He watched as Alice, his ghost girl, as she worked to stand defiantly. Despite her best attempts her body began swaying back and forth as muscles began relaxing against her will. He hoped she'd sit, watching patients tumble always gave him a start and he was wishing her body would be free from bloody messes. Cleaning up blood was more than his stomach could handle today.

"They trusted me when I told them you were safe. They opened their home, they accepted you, and you betray them. You betray me. What we had was special. But I always told you they'd come first. Remember that?"

She leaned against the bars close to him, a small glistening bead of drool forming at the corner of her mouth as her big brown eyes struggled to stay open. He felt a tingle run down his center. Maybe it was remembering their passionate sessions, or perhaps it was just how beautiful she still was.

"I don't blame you alone Alice. I know your trauma broke you. I tried to make that right. But sometimes the psyche is like a rubber band. Too much stretching and it can't snap back to where it was. That's the sign I missed. Your progress and the things we did together clouded that. It wasn't until you killed my wife than it was clear. And when I found my sweet angel Sophie floating in the bathtub, my mind stretched too. It can't be helped sometimes."

She slid down to the floor struggling to stay upright. The bead of drool now spreading to a small cascade running down her chin and landing somewhere between her breasts. His groin ached and he bit his tongue to stay focused. In his mind he pictured Sophie struggling to get out of the tub as Alice held her down below the water she'd always loved so much.

Alice lay on the still on the floor. Finally her judging eyes closed and her body so relaxed the tip of her tongue protruded slightly from her parted lips and lolled to one side. Intensive tingling filled his body causing his mouth to go dry. With shaking hands he took the key out of his pocket and turned the lock.

With a minimal diet and no exercise Alice's body would have been easy to pick up but that wasn't what his body wanted. He knelt beside her and gently pushed the greasy hair away from her pale China doll face. His groin throbbed as he slowly ran a finger over her soft pink tongue and placed the moistened finger in his own parched mouth.

He tried pulling himself back, finding his rage, but the overwhelming urges he'd fought for so long pushed him harder and he ran his dry tongue across her drool coated cracked lips and down her neck. She was foul smelling and filthy which usually curbed his appetite but seeing her like this was an apex of emotion and need.

Quick panting breaths escaped him as he traced his fingers under her filthy shirt and fingered her breasts. He lifted the shirt and placed his lips around her nipples feeling the slow struggling beat of her heart.

Release.

John jumped back as he felt the moisture collect inside his underwear. He cursed at himself for being such a weak man. It wasn't supposed to be like that. He leaned forward once more placing his lips on her ear.

"Looks like we both need a shower Alice. You can't stop being this way can you?  Always making me clean up the messes you make. I'm going to clean us up. You, and me. And then I'm going to say goodnight. Can you hear me Alice?  I'm going to kill you.  Hope needs a home, and we know how possessive you get."

He placed his cheek on hers before picking her up and taking her toward the doorway. With a turn of his hand he reached to grab an emergency syringe from the table beside the door in case she decided to wake up early. Placing his ear on her chest as he walked toward the bathroom he could hear the struggle of her heart.  She was too deep in sleep and relaxed to take a deep breath causing her heart to work hard with not enough oxygen. He hoped the shower wouldn't wake her more, having her on the thin line between life and death was already causing his lust rise up again.

**********************
Ummmm yeah. It's only going to get darker. If you need to run- I get it. I got the creeps writing it and thinking about how it got in my brain.
I hope you caught the actual info here - there was quite a bit (aside from the yuck). 😳. This book is marked mature and is for a mature audience.