Jimon: Mundane AU

"Hey! Hey dude! You dropped your-" I shouted after the brown haired boy that had just left the building. A notebook had slipped from his open bag and he hadn't even noticed as he sauntered down the hall, headphones firmly stuck in his ears. I sighed and watched his retreating figure for a moment before looking down at the book in my hand.

Sociology
Simon Lewis

I shook my head again and began heading to my own class, figuring I could catch Simon and give his stuff back tomorrow morning. As I walked I flipped through the book, hoping to find a phone number or something I could use to track the kid down. Worst case I could just give the notebook back to a teacher to give to him, but I didn't know if the sociology teacher was strict enough to get him any trouble for losing it. I was beginning to give up my search when I reached the back cover, and written in the same messy scrawl from the front was a short note that read "If found please call Simon Lewis at 727-555-7897"

Kid must lose his stuff a lot, I thought to myself as I pulled out my phone and typed in the number.

Me:

Hey my name is Jace Herondale, is this Simon Lewis?

It wasn't until the bell had rung for seventh period that my phone went off. After giving Ms. Branwell a bashful smile at the disruption, I checked the notification, hoping it was Simon so I could return the notebook.

727-555-7897:

It's Simon.... how'd you get my number?????

Me:

You dropped your sociology notebook in the hall. Where can we meet so I can give it to you?

"Jace! No texting in class, put the phone on my desk and start the bell work. You can get the phone back after class is over." Ms. Branwell's voice rang out and I made sure my phone was locked before doing as I was told. That woman was notorious for going through student's stuff when she took it from them.

Fifty long minutes later, my phone was back in my hand as the bell rung and I made a beeline straight to the door, checking the new messages as I went.

727-555-7897:

Can you meet me by outside the main doors after seventh?

727-555-7897:

Jace?

727-555-7897:

Hellllloooooo?

727-555-7897:

I'll wait here for like ten minutes after class, I got homework to do fam

Me:

Sorry, Branwell got my phone, I'll be there tho

I made my way to the main doors quickly, grabbing his book from my bag so i could just hand it to him and be on my way. I reached the doors quickly, the sun blinding me for a moment as I stepped out and I took my sunglasses from where they rested on top of my blonde hair and pushed them over my eyes.

Scanning the steps quickly, I realised that I really had no idea what this guy looked like except for the fact that he had brown hair, so I sent a quick text asking where he was and leaned against the rail, crossing my legs as I let the sun hit my face.

"Jace?" I heard a voice call out and saw a relatively familiar brunette at the top of the stairs. He was maybe 5'10, with his hair pushed back and black glasses adorning his face. He had that nerdy but hot look and my gay ass was here for it.

I pushed my sunglasses back to the top of my head and waved my arm until I caught Simon's attention and he jogged down to meet me, spotting the notebook in my hand.

"Thanks so much bro, if I lost that notebook again Graymark would've skimmed my ass alive." Simon said, taking his stuff back with a laugh.

I laughed with him, noticing that he had a cute smile. "You lose your stuff a lot?" I asked, wanting to continue the conversation a little.

Simon nodded and chuckled again. "It's a bit of a bad habit." He paused for a moment and stared at me for a second with a confused look before it was replaced with a look of realization. "Dude do you have heterochromia?? That's so cool!"

I smirked, glad that he'd found something decent about my face rather than noticing a piece of food in my teeth or something. "Yeah, one full blue eye and one partially brown. My parents freaked when they first saw it, they thought I was going to be blind or some shit."

"Students that aren't under adult supervision need to clear off campus or find an adult." A voice on the intercom said and I glanced at Simon.

"You staying or leaving?" I asked, hoping he was leaving so I could walk with him.

"Depends." He said, his voice strong but his brown eyes unsure.

I raised an eyebrow. "On?"

"Are you staying or leaving?"

My smirk returned and I waved my arm to the sidewalk. "I'm leaving. I'm thinking about heading to the movies but it's kind of boring without a date...." I trailed off, hoping he would get my hint.

"Who says you won't have a date?" He asked, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him as he set off down the sidewalk.

"I thought you had homework?" I tried to be slick and smoothly changed the positioning so I was holding his hand.

Simon grinned, his smile stretching to his eyes. "Hot guys first, homework second."

"Then I guess I have to start my homework," I teased and he gasped at me, a hand flying to his chest dramatically.

"The DISRESPECT!"

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

3 hours and an excessive amount of gas station candy (neither of us were willing to spend money on overpriced movie theater candy) we walked out of the movie theater, still laughing our heads off.

"That was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen in my life," Simon gasped for breath, laughing so hard he could hardly talk.

I nodded my agreement, still wondering if there was anyone in the theater who'd actually liked the movie aside from a handful of children.

I slowed my walk as we headed to the exit and Simon frowned.

"Something wrong?" He asked, pausing to wait for me.

I shook my head, "Nah, I just don't want to leave yet."

Simon smiled and grabbed my hand. "Well I don't know about you, but I want to get out of here and get some real food. You in?"

I returned his grin and nodded again. "There's a great pizza place right next door if you want?"

"You read my mind." He said and off we went.

A/N:

New update with a Jimon ship! Not particularly my favorite Simon ship (I'm more of a saphael shipper myself) but I figured someone likes it so might as well try. Vote and Comment any ship requests, shoutout to the three people that read my last one lmao y'all are great.