Clace 1

He was avoiding me again. Every time his golden eyes turned on me, they farted away just as fast as if my presence alone was the most offensive thing in the world. When we discovered that Jace wasn't actually my brother, I had thought- had hoped- that he would come back to me and be mine at last, but it seemed that just the opposite had happened. I sighed and hit the giant bag in front of me, letting my frustration out in the training room.

"Why. Is. He. Such. A. Self. Absorbed. Douche!" I huffed as I hit the bag repeatedly, punching straight through it on my last strike, sand pouring out of the open hole. "Fuck!" I shouted, delivering my final blow and causing the bag to leave its chain and fly across the room.

I heard a chuckle from the corner of the room and turned around quickly, my red curls whipping me in the face.

"Damn what did that bag do?" Isabelle's sultry voice asked and I shook my head, unwrapping the tape from my hands and grabbing a towel to wipe away my sweat. "Is Jace still avoiding you?"

I nodded and leaned against the wall with a sigh. "It's like he doesn't even acknowledge my existence," I whined, allowing myself to slide down the wall, " it's not fair, I didn't do anything to him and it's not like we're siblings so there's none of that weirdness. Why does it feel like he hates me?"

Izzy walked over and smiled sympathetically, "He doesn't hate you Clary, I can promise you. He's just. . ." She paused, searching for the right words to explain Jace's emotional constipation. "Confused!" She finished.

"Over what? Everything has been fixed. There's no one to come in between us being together or even just friends! He doesn't need to ice me out!"

"Clary calm down. Jace doesn't think of it like that. He thinks of it like, 'oh shit there's this girl I really like' and then 'oh shit that's my sister that's incest nvm' and then it's like 'oh shit that's not my sister but now I'm having an identity crisis and I've been forcing myself not to feel anything for this girl and now I don't know how to act or think or talk so the best solution is to ignore her because trying to talk to her while I'm still figuring out my life is just a bad idea and will end up fucking with both of us.'" Isabelle explained.

I stared at her, taking a moment to comprehend the extensive explanation before closing my eyes and leaning my head against the wall with a groan. "Well now I feel like an asshole for trying to force him to talk to me." I complained, thinking of the times I'd tried to corner him or get him to be my partner on a mission.

Izzy laughed and held her hand out to help me up. I accepted and she pulled me off of the floor in one swift movement, nearly knocking me right back down.

"All of that being said, Jace won't deal with his issues unless someone makes him," she warned, her brown eyes now serious. "So make him."

With a flip of her long dark hair, Isabelle was gone and I was alone once more with my broken bag.

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙

"Jace!" I called the moment I saw him walking down the hall. He picked up pace and I nearly lost him as his long legs took him farther down the corridor.

He's literally running from his problems, I thought and took off after him, running as fast as I could to keep from losing his tail.

"You can't just run away everytime you see me!" I shouted, finally giving up the chase as I realized I would never catch up. I could feel tears of frustration as they ran down my face and wiped them away, hitting the wall. "I know why you're running from me and it's PATHETIC. You told me that you cared for me and then you just disappeared! You're afraid of me because you're afraid to love and you're afraid to be vulnerable and I understand that but that doesn't mean that I don't still love you! I have loved you since the first time we kissed, and I can't get you out of my head and you are being so unbelievably selfish right now! You are a COWARD Jace Herondale and I can't believe I ever thought you were one of the most admirable and courageous shadowhunters to ever live." I slid down the wall, holding my knees to my chest and sobbing, giving in to my pain and letting the tears fall free at last. "And you know what's the worst part?" I asked no one in particular, my voice softer than before, "I'm still going to be so hopelessly in love with you in an hour, in a day, in a year, and for the rest of my life, unconditionally." I felt a hand on my shoulder looked up to see a pair of golden eyes gazing into mine, a look of sadness and apology deep inside.

Jace sat next to me, looking awkward as he stared down at his hands that rested in his lap. "You're right, I can't keep running from you." He said at last, realizing that if anyone was going to start the conversation, it had to be him. "I ran because, well, I was afraid. Not afraid to love you but afraid because I've never done this before. I've never met someone like you and I've never felt this way before. I've never felt my heart beat so fast just because of one glance and I've never been worried about what someone thought of me. I've never thought about someone every second of the day and I've never dreamed of holding someone's hand and holding them close at night. I've never felt so close to someone in this way, and that made me want to get as far away as possible. It was easier when I thought we were related. You were off limits then because it was wrong and I didn't think about it because I couldn't. It was torture, seeing you laughing with Izzy or winking at Simon and I couldn't deal because it was wrong to think of you in any way other than my sister. But then all of a sudden you weren't my sister. Then you were just Clary again, all flaming red hair and bright green eyes. You were brighter than the sun, and looking at you made me blind. It was like out of nowhere, everything came back. All of those thoughts and feelings that I'd repressed came flooding back towards me and I just couldn't take it. I know that's not an excuse and I know I should have grown up and talked to you but I couldn't. It was like someone had taken away my chains but I was still tied to the floor and I couldn't do anything to break free because not only were you available, but I didn't even know if your feelings were still there and I no longer even knew who I was. I went from Jace Wayland to Jace Morgenstern and then to Jace Herondale. Too many things were happening at once and I got overwhelmed. I'm sorry that you had to get caught in the middle, I really am Clary, and I hope that you can find it in you to stay true to what you said before, to love me unconditionally because I loved you then and I love you now and I will never stop."

I opened my mouth to say something and then closed it again, unsure how I wanted to proceed. Jace had never opened like this before, not even to Alec his parabatai and I didn't know what to do.

"Thank you." I said at last, his bright eyes falling a little at my underwhelming response and I hurried to continue. "I'm not going to lie, these last few weeks of you ignoring me hurt me. A lot. I didn't know what was going on in your head and I'm sorry because I didn't even stop to think of it from your perspective. I just knew that you weren't talking to me and I thought that I was entitled to an explanation when in reality I should have just let you figure yourself out. However, if we're going to start something, even just rebuilding a friendship, we need to be on the same page. I will stop being so demanding, but I would appreciate it if you opened up to me more. I don't mean that you have to give me twenty minutes of dialogue everyday but just. . . promise you'll tell me what's on your mind?"

A grin graced Jace's face and he lit up, holding out a pinky. "I pinky promise." He said, and I giggled as I hooked my pinky with his. "That is what the mundanes do, right?"

I laughed and nodded, standing up from the floor and then helping Jace up.

"So where do you want to go from here?" I asked Jace, wanting to know where we stood.

Jace thought for a moment, placing his hand on his chin in a thoughtful manner before his grin returned. "Well. . . there's one thing that I've missed since I've been, um, absent from your life."

"And that is . . .?" I asked, turning my head to the side slightly, confused.

Jace grabbed both of my hands and pulled me into him before putting his hands on the sides of my face. "This." He barely whispered before bringing his mouth to mine, his soft lips barely grazing my own as if he were asking permission.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulling him closer to me and kissing him like it was the first time, and in a way, it was.

Before we could run out of oxygen, I pulled away and he rested my forehead on mine, smiling down at me. "That was probably too soon and I wanted to take you on a date and do it the proper way before kissing you but I really don't care." He said and I smiled back.

"Good, because neither do I."

A/N: Ayyyyy I hope y'all liked it and no one is really interactive because there aren't really that many readers :( but tell me what y'all want like do you want more fluff or some more risqué™ stuff or maybe just a little bit of both? Either way, I hope it was enjoyable, I liked writing it because I was in a mood™ and felt like having people talk about feeeeellliiinnggggssss and shit. Not that I can really relate to Clary and Jace with that (not)incest stuff but idk. Don't forget to vote (if ya want) and comment (or message me). Have a good day/night/morning/evening/afternoon/prevening And come back in a week or maybe a couple days or maybe tomorrow for the next part!