Saphael: Roomates AU

"What building are you in?" My best friend Clary asked as we pulled our bags into campus.

I dug in my pocket for a moment until I found the crumpled paper with my information. "I'm in building A, room 121." I announced, stuffing the paper back into my pocket.

"Do you think that's far from B?"

"Doubt it," I said as we began to look around for someone who may know where the buildings were. "Oh look they have one of those 'you are here' maps like at the mall!"

After examining the map for a moment and figuring out where to go, I walked Clary to her building before going solo to find my own.

"Ow, watch where you're going dude." A deep voice said and I rubbed my now sore shoulder.

I mumbled an apology for bumping into him and continued passed him into Building A. Once in the building, my room was easy to find and I quickly settled in, unpacking my stuff on the empty bed since my roommate had apparently already moved in.

I wonder who my new roommate is I wondered to myself as I settled in, noting the various band posters on the walls but not seeing any pictures. Should I tell him I'm gay or just leave that to be a surprise?

I put my stuff away quickly and was sitting on the bed when the door opened and my roommate appeared. He was of average height with dark, nearly black hair that contrasted with his pale skin. His eyes were dark as well and seemed to stare right through me when he noticed my presence.

Holy shit this guy is fine as hell I thought as I stared at his broad shoulders that were covered by a tight leather jacket.

"You're Simon?" He asked in a deep voice that I recognized from outside.

I nodded and stood up quickly, his deep voice and cold demeanor intimidating me a little bit. "Um, yeah, I'm Simon. It's Raphael, right? Sorry for bumping into you outside."

He gave me a curt nod and closed the door as he walked to his side of the room.

"Look, I'm not here to make friends or get to know you. To be honest, I really don't care what you like, what you don't like, or where you're from. As long as you don't make too much noise, keep the lights on past 12, or touch any of my shit we won't have any problems. Got it?"

I was shook, to say the least. "Yeah, sure." I agreed to his terms and my phone chimed, signaling a text.

I jumped, unsure if that counted as too much noise and the ghost of a smile drifted across Raphael's face before he turned away, laying back on his bed like he was going to take a nap.

Claryyyy:
Sooooo how's your roommate????? I just met mine, she's sooooo sweet

Claryyyy:
And pretty

Me:
Lucky. Mine is . . . intense to say the least

Me:
Fine as hell tho ngl

Claryyyy:
Wanna go get some lunch and you can tell me ALL about your fine ass roomie?

Me:
I'll meet you in 10

I ran a hand through my tousled brown waves and shoved my phone in my back pocket as I headed out the door. I paused awkwardly, unsure if I should ask Raphael if he wanted food.

"Hey, um, Raphael, you want anything to eat? I'm going to go get lunch I can bring you back something. If you want."

He raised his head off of his pillow with an eyebrow raised, judging me silently before shaking his head.