Lucas

(Group A/N: Happy birthday Ophelia!!! Hope all your dreams come true in this fantastic year! To celebrate Ophelia's birthday, here's a new chapter~)

I MEET A MURDERER BUT IT'S COOL

I stared at the castle in awe. It was so beautiful!!! It even smelt beautiful!

I just had to go into the castle. I just had to.

Eagerly, I wandered into the castle and glanced around. Golden chandeliers with a majestic feeling hung from the ceiling. Soothing Mozart music was playing from a bright blue speaker. The security guard, wearing a soldier uniform, was smiling brightly and even greeted me. That's a first. Security guards in the orphanage were always half asleep.

Was I in a Disney hotel instead of a proper school?

The guard gestured for me to go over. "Hello, are you Lucas Skylark? I'm Jerry, the school guard. Welcome to Fandom Academie! I bet you've received a letter from Kyle. Want me to show you around? I can bring you to your room. Your roommate is Drake. He can tell you more about FA." I smiled sweetly. "Uh, sure." "By the way, you are in the Hunger Games Fandom." His eyes twinkled. I didn't care if it was inappropriate, so I ran over and hugged him as tightly as I could. I could tell that he was kinda shocked.

The campus tour began. He walked around the campus confidently as I trailed behind him.  My simple brain was trying extremely hard to process all the information that Jerry talked about. There was the track, the pool, the dining hall, the archery course...... Yep, I'm sure orphans are not the only ones that will be surprised how big and amazing this place is.

Eventually we arrived at my room. 5th floor, room 501. Good. An easy number to remember. "Open the door. You will love this place." I gave Jerry a nervous smile. Somehow I stupidly thought that the room would be even worse than my crammed orphanage.

I took a deep breath, turned the door knob slowly and stopped. And gasped. I......I......I......so......beau......tiful.......never......seen......such......nice......place......before...... The room stole all the words from my mouth.

Bright blue walls. Bright blue shelves. Bright blue tables. Bright blue chairs. Bright blue beds. Bright blue covers. The room couldn't have been more awesome. My roommate pat me on the back. "Haha, I was stunned too when I came in for the first time."

"Hey, errr, Drake right?" He nodded and held out his hand. "I'm Lucas. Nice to see you." We shook hands. I started thinking that this meet up was way too formal.

Jerry said he would leave us to talk so he left. I asked," Drake, are you a blue addict too?" "Yep." At least we were alike in a way.

We began chatting about Hunger Games. We laughed so hard while we were talking about Gale and Peeta. I felt comforted that I finally found somebody that was JUST. LIKE. ME.

I realised that it was already bedtime halfway through our conversation. Reluctantly switching off the lights, I laid on my soft bed, looking forward to the bright days waiting for me.

----------

I nearly froze to death during the night. Constantly rubbing my elbows didn't work at all. Plus, I couldn't find the switch that controlled the aircon. Eventually I got so frustrated that I stomped out of my room, hoping that the corridor would be warmer.

Fortunately, the corridor was about 1000 degrees warmer than the room. Since I wasn't tired, I just strolled along the corridor, deciding that I wouldn't go back until sunrise.

As I shuffled my feet along, a faint noise that sounded like an animal squeaking rang behind me. I turned around and ventured forward. It seemed like the sound was coming from the male common toilet. I inched closer and figured out that someone was sobbing. Sobbing in the toilet during the middle of the night!