That Second First Glance

2 Years Later – Las Vegas, Nevada, 1st February, 1969

“Yisa, look at the camera. Look at mommy, baby.” Elvis smiled at his daughter, who looked up at her mother, blinking rapidly when the camera flash went off. “Oh! Did that shock you, Lisa Marie? Are your parents torturing my poor goddaughter?” A female voice drifted across the room and Elvis knew who’s it was instantly. He hadn’t seen Demi in almost a year, since Lisa Marie’s baptism. But it was only him who hadn’t seen her; Priscilla had insisted on taking their daughter to see her favourite godmother whenever she could. “Frankly, I don’t care why you two aren’t speaking. I don’t want to know either. But Demi loves Lisa and I intend for her to be in our daughter’s life.” Was what Priscilla had told him when he asked why she always insisted on flying to L.A. or Dallas or wherever it was in the US that Demi was working. But now Elvis was going to have to face her. And he was dreading it. Because he’d been well behaved lately. He’d hardly slept around and had tried to stay faithful to Priscilla. But it was hard. Priscilla just wasn’t the same now she was a mother. It wasn’t that he didn’t find her attractive; to be honest, he didn’t know what it was. Demi definitely didn’t help his situation. Here she was, turning up in tight bell-bottoms, a barely there top and clearly no bra. God, she was sexy. And suddenly she was sitting next to him. But not to talk to him… “Hiya, Lisa! Hi sweet girl! How’s my favourite little pooping machine?” “She’s wonderful. All the better for having you here, Demi.” Priscilla said, taking Lisa from Elvis’ grasp. “I’m just gonna go change Lisa. Why don’t you two talk?”And with that, Elvis and Demi were left alone. The silence was awkward, which made Elvis sad. Silence between them hadn’t been awkward between them in years. It killed him. “Elvis…” Demi said, out of the blue. “Yeah, Demi?” Elvis replied. She finally looked at him, her perfectly made up eyes boring into his soul. “I miss you.” She whispered. Elvis smiled. “I miss you too.”