How it feels

Oneshot #5

Liza's P.O.V
I was editing a video in my office when I hear my phone buzz from the text I just recieved. I check my lock screen to see I got a message from "the best daughter in the wolrd Madison❤️"As you can see my 16 years old changed her name on my phone. I open it and look at the text she sent me.
Text convo:
Madison: Mom can you pick me up from Emma's pls
Liza: I thought you were at Kevin's?
Madison: Well not anymore
Liza: Your dad will be there in 15 and watch how you speak to your mother Madi
Madi: Mhm okay
End of the text convo.

Kevin is Madison's 2 years boyfriend and Emma is her bestfriend since kindergarten.
"Hey David!?" I scream from upstairs.
"Yes babe?"
"Can you go pick up Madi from Emma's pls? I'm editing" I say while getting up from my chair and exiting my office.
"I thought she spent the night at Kevin's?" He asks confused
"Yeah I don't know maybe he cancelled last minute or something" I explain going down the stairs.
"Alright then I'm leaving" He says putting his shoes on
"Okay thanks bubba" He gets up and I kiss his soft lips tenderly
"No problem love"

He leaves and I go to the kitchen for a glass of water when my 13 year-old son comes out of his room with a sleepy face and messy hair.
"Good morning mom" He mutters in a groggy voice while putting his shirt on
"You mean good afternoon" I say raising an eyebrow
"What?" He looks at me confused
"It's 2:00pm Finn" I look at him chuckling
"Oh my I slept in" His eyes widden a bit
"Yeah you did. Do you want breakfast or lunch?"
"Ummm breafast" He sits down at the counter as I start cooking pankakes for him
"Hey where's dad?" He asks realising his father wasn't home
"He went to pick up your sister"
"Oh okay" He then picks up his phone and scrolls through whatever website he's on

At that moment the front door opens and closes making a loud sound. David and Madi enter the house talking, almost sreaming, at each other.
"Just fuck off dad my god" Madi blurts out walking fast down the hall.
"MADISON GABRIELLE DOBRIK DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT" David screams.
"I'll do what I want okay!" She says on the verge of tears.
"Madison what's-why are you acting like this what's going on?" Her father asks calming down a little seeing she was almost crying.
"You just-you-you wouldn't understand!" Madi cries out and runs upstairs to her room.

I look at David who looks at me and Finn who are both in complete shock. We all have confused faces not knowing what just happen nor what's going on with Madison.
"I'll go talk to her" I say and look over to my beloved husband.
"Alright yeah good idea" He nods at me in aprouval.

I climb the stairs to the second floor and knock on Madi's bedroom door.
"Go away dad I don't wanna talk right now" She says and I can tell she's crying by the way she talks.
"Sweetie it's mom" I answer tenderly.
"Oh um, sorry come in"

I open the door to find her laying on her bed, head in the pillows.
"Madison do you wanna tell me what's going on? Did something happen with Kevin?" I calmly ask sitting next to her on the bed. She doesn't answer my question but moves up so she's now sitting next to me. Her cheeks are tear-stained, her mascara is dripping and her eyes are all puffy and red. I hate seeing my daughter like this. "Honey I wanna help you but I can't do it if you don't tell me what happened" I say rubbing her back in small cirlces. She sniffles and turns a bit so her eyes are facing mine. "He cheated mom. Kevin cheated on me." I suddenly feel my heart sink at the words Madison just said to me. "Ohh baby I'm so sorry come here honey" I motion for her to come in arms and she just burts out crying and falls into my chest. She lays her head on my lap as I play with her hair right before I start speaking again. "I know how it feels baby" I say in a tender voice. "How could you? It's not like dad ever cheated on you" She blurts out, her voice cracking in the middle of her sentence.
"Well of course he didn't Madison your dad is the most loyal, loving and caring man on earth. But sometimes it takes a while before finding just the right person for you" I respond to my still crying daughter."What do you mean?" She asks confused. "What I mean is, your dad wasn't my first boyfriend. And the one I had before wasn't the right one, wich is exactly the same thing with you and Kevin" I explain looking down at her. "So... he cheated on you? Your first boyfriend?" I let out a small sigh at the thought of my unfaitable ex boyfriend. "Yes. He cheated on me. Just like Kevin did." I feel a tear run down my left cheek but quickly whipe it away with my thumb. "And baby, I know how it feels, I know how it hurts and I know this is one of the worst pain in the world. Being betrayed by someone you love is something I would never wish to anyone. Because it hurts like hell." I say, empathising with my daughter. She looks up and locks eyes with me. She must see the pain and sadness in my face as she lets out a loud sob. "Everything hurts mom" She sobs and falls on my chest one again. "Yes Madi I know it does. But don't worry after a while, you'll get through it and find the right person for you. Just like I did." She continues crying for a while before falling asleep. A couple minutes later I pull the white covers of her king sized bed over her small body. I play with her hair once again, examining her. She has beautiful light brown eyes, wich are closed at the moment, but she got them from David. Her smooth hair is aslo brown like his but very curly just like mine and her skin tone is a couple shades lighter than me but still darker than her father's. Wow. My daughter is gorgeous. She's a perfect mix of David and I. She looks just like a sleeping angel. I'm honestly so proud of her. Getting through a break up is hard, but when it's cheating and unexpeted like this, it's 10 times worst. I get up and look at my phone. 5:30pm. Oh my god I've been in her room for more than 3 hours. I guess time passes by quickly when someone you love needs your help.

I go down the stairs and into the lounge room to find David and Finn on the couch, watching TV. Well, Finn's on his phone and David's sleeping but still. I walk up to them and sit next to my beloved husband. I rest my head on his well-shaped shoulder and he wakes up almost instantly. He looks over to me and our eyes meet. I give him a quick peck on the lips and lay back, taking his hand in mine. "Babe what happened?" He asks me, a concerned look plastered on his beautiful face. No wonders our kids are so good looking. I look over to our son not wanting him to hear every detail of the story but he's wearing headphones. "Kevin cheated on her." I say. David looks at me and I can see the expression on his face that's mixed with sadness and anger. "Oh boy that little son of a bitch better bring his ass here soon and appologise to her right in front of me. NO ONE hurts my baby girl." He says standing up making me giggle a little. He's such a good dad.
"ShouldI go talk to her about what happened earlier today? I really fell bad for yelling at her like this" He asks sitting down next to me on the comfortable beige couch. "Well she's sleeping right now and she really needs some rest so I think it's better tomorrow morning. And don't worry Bubba you didn't know" I answer tenderly giving him a quick peck on the lips.

Later that night (around 11:00pm)

David's P.O.V
I slowly close Madison's bedroom door and tip toe back to Liza and I's room. I open the door to see her sitting on our bed, wearing one of my shirts and her glasses reading a book. God she's so gorgeous. I take my clothes off until I'm left in my underwear and jump on the California bed next to her as she let's out a small giggle. "Did you talk to her?" She questions me looking right into my eyes. " Yeah I did and now she's sleeping again." I answer getting inside the covers. Liza closes the light and snuggles up close to me. "I love you" I say while kissing her forehead tenderly. "I love you too David"

An/ hey guys I know I'm not uploading a lot but shcool is really demanding and I'll to opload as much as possible. Also, I hope you liked this oneshot:)