A Young Friendship Starting To Bloom

A/N before I start this one, I wanna clarify that this is an AU when Tom and Zendaya are in kindergarten (including the Homecoming casts) so don't expect a romance to bloom here.

Tom was quivering, sweat was dripping down his rosy cheeks. This was his first day of school in America and he never felt so anxious. He heard footsteps getting increasingly louder as it gets closer. He looked up and it was his teacher.

"Hi you must be Thomas Stanley Holland?" She said.

"Yeah j-just call me Tom" he stuttered shyly.

"Oh don't be nervous. My name is Ms Marissa" She said giving the young boy a reassuring smile. She guided him to the classroom. He locked gaze with a girl who had curly hair. Marissa luckily snapped him back to reality.

"Okay class this is Tom! I hope you would make him feel welcome" Marissa exclaimed.

"Okay Tom you can sit anywhere" Marissa smiled at him. Tom tip toed to the back of the class where it was an empty sit without a group of kids. Zendaya stared at him, she had a plan but she wanted to accomplish it later.
Minutes go by and the bell rang as it vibrated in the students ear. Tom watched most of his classmates play with their friends but he didn't​ mind being alone. He just day dreamed and locked his gaze at the clouds.

"Hello?" A voice unfamiliar to him spoke. He shook his head and looked at her. It was the same girl that he was looking at when he entered.

"My name is Zendaya!" She smiled, she flung her arm out to shake his hand. He did the same and shook her hand before letting go.

"Where are you from?" She asked cheerfully as she sat right next to him.

"I an from London", Tom whispered softly. Zendaya was in shock when she heard him spoke.

"Oh that's really cool!" She said, from the tone of her voice she was amazed since she never met anyone who was english.

"Y-you're really pretty", he said which made her cheeks turn into shades of pink.

"Hey Z! You wanna play with us!" Jacob yelled.

"Hey you should play with us!" Zendaya said.

"I-I don't know. I don't really have friends and I-I wanna stay her-" Zendaya cut him off.

"Well you're my friend!" Zendaya said as she gave him a hug. She broke their embrace and hold a light grip on his arm.

"Cmon let's play together!"