Chapter 4.

I had heard whispers in Gryffindor Tower from the Weasley twins about some kind of grand escape, but I never thought that they would take the opportunity to bring the OWLs to a halt, enrage Umbridge, and practically destroy the Great Hall with fireworks in the process. I have never been so proud. We all stood in the courtyard watching and cheering, and I saluted them proudly as they flew off into the cloudy sky, their legacy forever cemented as the greatest tricksters to ever attend Hogwarts.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry begin to sway and I barely made it over to him before he collapsed on the ground. I grabbed Harry's hand and gasped as images flooded my mind. 

Sirius standing in a dimly lit room, and a snake-like man circling him. I knew immediately that it was Voldemort. "I need that prophecy." He said in a voice barely above a whisper. Sirius smirked, shaking his head. "You'll have to kill me." He said, and Voldemort gave him a cold, lipless smile. "Oh, I will. But first, you will fetch it for me." He hissed, raising his wand. "Crucio! Crucio!" He cried, making Sirius cry out in agony. The vision ended abruptly and I saw Hermione join Harry and me on the ground, her face concerned. "Sirius." We said at the same time, and Harry looked at me in confusion. "You saw it too?" I nodded, fearful. "I don't know how, but we don't have time to worry about that. If what we saw it true, he's got Sirius."

We quickly found Ron, following Harry as he hurried towards the only office with a working Floo system - Umbridge's. The fleeting thought of "she's the headmistress, you'll get expelled" crossed my mind, but it was quickly pushed out of sight when I thought about Sirius being at the mercy of Voldemort. "Alert the Order, if you can." Harry said, throwing a fistful of powder into the fireplace and it sprang to life in a roar of emerald green flames. "Are you mental? We're going with you!" Ron protested loudly. Harry shook his head firmly. "It's too dangerous." 

I stared at him in disbelief. "When have we ever been ones to run from danger?" I asked, and Hermione nodded in agreement. "When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together." 

A crazed, shrilly voice resounded behind us, making all four of us freeze in fear. "That you are!" We turned to see Umbridge standing there, covered in soot from the fireworks, a manic smile on her face.

In almost no time, Umbridge had the leaders of Dumbledore's Army assembled in her office, all of us being held in place by members of the Inquisitorial Squad. Draco avoided my eyes, which were fixed on him in a hard glare. I knew this wasn't his fault, but it was hard to not be mad at him when he proudly wore that stupid silver badge and manhandled my friends, all under the command of the toad Headmistress Umbridge. 

Harry was sat on a chair in front of Umbridge's desk and she loomed over him, her voice deadly calm when she spoke. "You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Harry shook his head and tried to speak, but Umbridge slapped him hard. "LIAR!" She yelled. I fought against the Goon Squad member who was holding me, but his grip was too strong.

Dad walked through the door and my eyes widened, hoping that he was here to set Umbridge straight. "You sent for me, Headmistress?" He said in a bored voice, killing my hope. "Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether they want to give them or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?" Umbridge asked, staring at Harry smugly. "I'm afraid you used up all my stores, interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison him - and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you did - I cannot help you." Dad said, and my heart dropped - Cho was telling the truth all along, and we had completely alienated her.

Dad turned to leave, and I opened my mouth to beg him to help, but Harry beat me to it. "He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!" This made Dad stop, and I knew that he knew what Harry was talking about. His eyes met my pleading gaze, begging him to help us rescue Sirius.