Goodbye Text

If Stiles leaving her hanging in the car after Malia basically saying Hey, you did something bad but crap happens. I still like you, Wasn't a flashing neon sign that they were done...
Stiles and Lydia making out like

While the town literally went to Hell in a hand basket around them

That was enough to convince her that it was kaput. Over with no chance of reconciliation. And if that wasn't enough, the text she got when he was leaving Beacon Hills forever was the nail in the coffin.
It stung but Scott was there for her.
"Malia? Scott is here to see you." Henry said. Scott popped up behind him with a cute smile that she returned. "I'll be downstairs...With my gun. Keep the door open."
"Okay..." Malia said weirded out as her father left.
"Hi." Scott said.
"Hey." Malia said.
Looking through her closet.
"So I took Stiles to DC so he's settled in. It's a long way from Beacon Hills but it's better that way." Scott said.
"Yeah. He'll be safe there." Malia said casually as she folded a hoodie.
"Yeah...You knew he was leaving, right?" Scott asked worried.
"Yep...He texted me on the way there.
My phone is on my dressing table, so you can read it." Malia said.
"Or you can just tell me." Scott said.
"I'm an asshole. Sorry that I forgot to say goodbye. wasn't personal. Moving into the dorms in DC. I'll keep in touch.
End. Of. Text." Malia memorized.
"You're upset." Scott said gently.
"Yeah. But it's fine.
He didn't do it on purpose." Malia said taking a look at the box.
"I'm sorry." Scott said laying a hand on her shoulder.
Malia laid her hand on top of his.
"Me too." Malia said softly and removed her hand. Scott was already feeling the loss but he removed his hand too. She was sad. He hated seeing her like that. Scott just wanted to hold her in his arms and protect her forever but Malia wasn't intimate.
"What's with the box?" Scott asked.
"Stiles' stuff that I never gave back.
Holding on to it isn't healthy so I'm packing it up and I'll leave it with Lydia or Stiles' dad." Malia explained.
"I can do it." Scott offered.
"Really?" Malia turned to him.
"Mm-hmm. Whatever you want." Scott said. Malia had the cutest, brightest smile.
"Please?" Malia asked sweetly.
"I'll drop it off at the Sheriff's house tomorrow." Scott laughed.
"Thank you." Malia said.
"Anything for you." Scott said. And with Scott, she knew he always meant what he said.