Vulcan in Distress

A/N: The song above I found to be perfect for this chapter. Play the song when you see the asterisk.

Lauryn's POV

During Kirk's disciplinary hearing, a distress signal came from Vulcan. I look over to Spock as he nods to me giving me the signal. We both headed for the Enterprise ready to assume our positions. I headed to the Medbay knowing that I will be needed there most. I looked for Bones, but he was no where to be found. As I reached the bridge to find Bones, the ship was hit and I was thrown into the wall. We were under attack. General Pike surrendered to the Romulan ship leaving Spock in command.

" Spock what is going on?!?" I ask as I stumble over to him. My question was answered as I look out and see a drill hovering over Vulcan.

Kirk, Sulu and Olson were sent to disable the drill while the rest of the crew watched.

"Spock even if the drill is disabled, the Vulcans are still in danger." Spock looked at me as if he was trying to think of what to do.

"If the drill is destroyed, the Romulans will find another way to attack Vulcan. The Romulans will not just give up." I tried to convince Spock that his people are in danger, just as Kirk and Sulu disabled the drill.

" You are right Lauryn, I must go save my people." Spock stood up and headed towards the transporter.

" Spock I am coming with you!" I yelled trying to catch up with him.

"Lauryn that is highly illogical. You must stay here."

"Why should I stay when I can help save your parents." I began to protest as Spock reached the transporter.

" Because I cannot risk losing you too. Energize." I froze as he disappeared. What did he mean by that? Does he like me? No. He probably doesn't want to lose a crew member. I stood there waiting for Spock to return.

*

His sudden outburst on the transporter made me worried about his own safety. He knew what he was going into and with the red matter destroying the planet, the chance of survival was low.

I could not help but think of his family. He had showed me a picture of his mother and father and told me all about them. I could tell he had a soft spot for his mother because of how he spoke about her.

Chekov was beaming them up and yelled that he was losing her. I couldn't help but think it was Amanda. I almost started to cry at the thought of her being gone, I didn't want it to be true. Spock and the other Vulcans appeared and I noticed his mother was not there. I could tell the sadness in Spock's face that she was gone.

Spock quickly walked towards the lift and I was right behind him. I needed to make sure he was okay. We were in the lift when Spock turned to me. I didn't realize I was crying until Spock wiped the tears off my face. I could tell that he was devastated, but not wanting to show it. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

" If there is anything you need just let me know" I said into his shoulder. I was surprised to feel him hug me back. I felt him slowly nod as the lift opened. He walked out of the turbo lift heartbroken leaving me in the lift.

I didn't even know Amanda, but I could not help but feel Spock's pain.

**********

AN: Thank you for reading. ❤️ Sorry the first two chapters are not that good. It will get better I promise, I just needed to set the scene.