Room 21A

Third Person POV

Spock was beamed down to fight Khan. He ran through San Francisco trying to catch up to the super human. Khan had jumped onto a ship, so Spock followed barely hanging on to the side of the ship. Spock and Khan battle and it was not a fair fight. Spock's phaser was gone and Khan was incredibly strong.

While the two fought, Uhura received Bones' message about keeping Khan alive. She beamed down onto the ship and saw Spock ready to kill the man. Uhura yelled at Spock, " Spock! Spock, stop! Stop! He's our only chance to save Lauryn!"

Spock looked up at Uhura before knocking Khan out. Spock brought Khan back to the hospital where Lauryn and Kirk were transported to when the Enterprise landed. Nurses began to take Khan's blood and Spock frantically looked for the Bones.

Spock's POV

I ran through the halls of the hospital eargerly looking for Leonard.  I saw the doctor walking out of a room and called him over. He ran over and pulled me into his office.

"Did you get him?!?" Doctor Mccoy asked.

" I brought Khan back alive. Where is Lauryn?" I said looking at the doctor for answers, but his head bowed.

" Lauryn is stable, but with Khan's blood I think she will be alright...." Leonard paused for a moment.

"And our child?" I asked worried that it was not good news. I didn't want to hear it, if it were true.

"Well Spock.... the odds don't look to good. Lauryn has lost a lot of blood and that can cause some complications. We don't know for sure right now, but Khan's blood may be able to save your daughter."

"When can I see her?"

" Right now," Leonard said before walking me to Lauryn's room, " She is awake, but very weak. Once the nurses bring Khan's blood, we will see how it affects her."

Just as we turn the corner the head nurse runs up to us. " We just gave Lauryn Khan's blood, and her vitals are improving, no word on how the baby is yet. Doctor Mccoy I need you to come with me to assist with Jim Kirk," the nurse said trying to drag Leonard away.

"Spock. Lauryn is in room 21A," Leonard left to help Jim. I cared for Jim, but my wife and child are more important right now. I made my way over to room 21A and opened the door. Lauryn was on the bed and looked so peaceful. She looked over and smiled at me. I missed seeing that smile.

"How are you?" I lightly smiled before walking over to her. I sat down next to her taking her hand in mine.

" Okay. Just a little out of it, but I am feeling better." She squeezed my hand letting me know she really was going to be okay.  Then she asked the question that I was afraid to hear. I didn't know what to say or think. My mind froze.

" Is the baby okay?" She looked over at me with worry in her eyes.

I hesitated and that is something I never do. My emotions were affecting me too much.

"Well..."

**********

Sorry for leaving you there! The next chapter will be really long! Just forewarning. xx