Shore Leave Already?

Spock looked at me in awh, " I thought we would not know the gender until you are four months."

" Well it turns out that I am two months pregnant and the new equipment we have can already identify the genders," I said smiling at Spock who had a slight smile permanently on his face.

" Congratulations Spock, you finally are going to have a boy," Jim said standing up and patting Spock on the shoulder, " I believe this calls for a celebration," Jim walked over to a small fridge that he kept on the bridge. He pulled out two bottles of champagne and everyone looked at him surprised.

"What? You're all surprised I keep alcohol on the bridge?" Jim chuckled as he popped open the bottles. Uhura left to get us all glasses to celebrate. I looked over at Spock with an annoyed look and he understood.

" Jim, Lauryn cannot have any alcoholic beverages," Spock told the Captain and Jim nodded, "Way ahead of you Spock," Jim grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to me. He also grabbed a small bottle for Evie.

" Thanks," I said dripping with sarcasm as I grabbed the water. Uhura came back with glass for everyone and Bones came up to the bridge to join in on the fun. After Jim and Uhura poured everyone's glasses, Jim raised his glass up, " To Lauryn and Spock, Congratulations on having twins. We all know how exciting this is and wish you good luck dealing with two more. And to Evie for becoming a big sister. To the Spock family," Jim raised his glass up and everyone joined in, " To the Spock family."

I leaned over and kissed Spock on the cheek before taking a sip of my water. The most boring drink in the world. Spock blushed while drinking his champagne which made me smile. 

"So Jim," I started waiting for him to finish his drink, " Where are we going?"

He set is glass down looking over at me, " Well I thought why not start this journey with a shore leave on a congenial planet."

"Yes," Bones said thankful that we are getting off the ship for a while. I laughed at him and he just rolled his eyes drinking his champagne. 

"Sir, we are arriving at the Omicron Delta system," Sulu said as we approached a large planet. It looked very similar to Earth. 

"See you guys, this will be fun! A beautiful planet to relax on," Jim cheered as we made it into the atmosphere of the planet. 

Spock looked away from his control panel, " Captain, just because the planet appears to be habitable, does not ensure the conditions are safe. We do not know what could be living down there." He gave Jim a concerned look and I know Spock is worried about my safety. He really shouldn't be though, he should know by now that I can hold my own.

"Oh come on Spock, it will be fun!"

*************

Thanks for reading!xx Just a filler chapter.