Like an Angel

AN: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that celebrates!

Spock's POV

"Well.... it is-" before I could finished my sentence doctor Mccoy ran into the room. I turned to look at him to see if he had any updates.

"I've got it!! Move!" Leonard yelled at me, making me move out of the way. He was grabbing supplies and Lauryn looked at him like he was crazy.

"Doctor, what are you doing?" I questioned Leonard.

"I well uh... thought of something... if I inject Khan's blood directly into the baby's blood stream which would... uh... speed up the healing process." Leonard explained while trying to get the correct material to perform the procedure.

Lauryn looked at me then to the doctor. " Bones what do you mean? Is the baby alright?" Lauryn's voiced at the end. Bones looked up from what he was doing and sighed.

"Well. We really aren't sure what happened. If the baby is okay or not. We cannot find a heart beat and you were hit pretty hard on your side from the fall. That doesn't mean we shouldn't lose hope."

"The miserable have no other medicine but only hope." I said looking to the doctor. He shakes his head at me and I looked at him confused.

" Quoting Shakespeare are we?" Leonard looked at me before administering Khan's blood directly into to the baby like they would for amniocentesis.

Lauryn looked at me with tears in her eyes, " All we need is hope." She faintly smiled before watching Leonard as he pushed Khan's blood into her system.

We all look to the screen to see both Lauryn and the baby's vitals. Lauryn's were now at 95%, but the baby's vitals did not move. We all stared at the screen, hoping to see a change.

It felt like ages before the numbers on the screen changed. The baby's heart rate appeared on the screen and it was low. I looked over at Lauryn and I could sense fear in her eyes.

I look back to the screen. The baby's vitals were at 20% and I knew that meant the baby was barely alive. Then the numbers changed. It jumped up to 50% , then 90%. I looked at Lauryn and a smile grew on her face as she looked at me. I did not realize it, but I was also smiling. Our daughter was going to be okay.

Leonard chuckled looking at both of us, " See nothing to be worried about. She will be just fine. It looks like you are a little over five months pregnant. So just a few more months to go before you get to see your little girl. Once you are both at 100%, just have a nurse come discharge you and you can go home."

"Thank Bones," Lauryn smiled at Leonard as he began to leave. I stopped him and he was a little taken back.

"Thank you doctor. You saved my wife and child. I will be forever grateful." I said sincerely at the Leonard.

"You're welcome Spock. Just don't get to sentimental on me, it freaks me out." Leonard said before walking out of the room. I looked at Lauryn for her to explain what the doctor had meant, but she just laughed.

She motioned for me to come over to her and I did sitting back down taking her hand. She looked at both her and the baby's vitals and noticed they were both at 97%.

Reflecting on the past few days have made me realize how much I truly love Lauryn. She is everything I could ask for and more. I do not know what I would do without her.

She looked over at me, " What should we name her?" She said putting her hands on her growing bump.

I thought for a moment before asking, " What about Evangeline?"

Lauryn looked at me with a puzzled look on her face, " You chose a human name?"

" I think it will fit her. Evangeline means like an angel and I think she will be. She will be mostly human and I know that you love the name." I explained and she smiled at me.

"It's perfect. I know it will be. She will be so beautiful." Lauryn smiled down at her bump before looking at me.

" Yes she will be."

*Time skip to the Starfleet Plaza *

Lauryn's POV

All the Starfleet cadets were there and the whole crew was dressed in their Starfleet uniforms. After a few hours of complaining, Starfleet finally made me a maternity uniform. It took them long enough!

Jim went up to the podium and began his speech, " There will always be those who mean to do us harm. To stop them, we risk awakening the same evil within ourselves. Our first instinct is to seek revenge when those we love are taken from us. But that's not who we are. We are here today to rechristen the USS Enterprise, and to honour those who lost their lives nearly one year ago. When Christopher Pike first gave me his ship he had me recite the Captain's Oath, words I didn't appreciate at the time. Now I see them as a call for us to remember who we once were, and who we must be again. And those words?

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her five year mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

We were finally granted permission to go on a five year mission and Jim was thrilled. Spock finally allowed me on board since we knew the baby would be born in about three months and it would be on board. Let me tell you it took some convincing, but then he realized it was for the best and couldn't leave me behind for five years.

We all boarded the newly built Enterprise and it was even better than before. Spock and I walked to the bridge only to hear Bones bicker.

" Five years in space. God help me."

I laughed at Bones and patted him on the back before assume my position as head doctor on the bridge. Bones wasn't too happy about it, but when is he. I stood next to Spock with my arm around his waist waiting for Kirk's instructions.

"Spock," Jim looked over at his first officer.

"Captain."

"Where shall we go?"

Spock looked over at me and I just shrugged my shoulders. It was sweet that he actually wanted my opinion.

" As a mission of this duration has never been attempted, I defer to your good judgement, Captain."

Jim smiled, " Mister Sulu, take us out."

"Aye, Captain."

This was going to be a long journey.

************

Thank you for reading!! xx

Come A Little Bit Closer ( Spock Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara