Part VII

Part VII:

I awakened the next morning to see a bouquet on each nightstand and a tray of a full breakfast next to me.

"Now, what if I knocked that over?" I mumbled while sitting up.
I picked up the card that was on the tray.

"Don't forget my Illmatic XX, Babe. I'll be back later tonight. Enjoy your breakfast. (It might be cold once you wake up) I love you. -Christopher," it read.

I slipped from between my bed sheets and stretched. I grabbed my plate and walked into the kitchen. I popped it into the microwave, and began pacing. Once the food was done heating, I took it out and began eating.

It was delicious.

"Damn, if I knew he could cook like this, I would've had him in the kitchen instead of me," I mumbled.

"Look who's up," a voice spoke, nearly making me drop my plate.

It was just Wolfy.

"Geez, Wolfy, make me have a heart attack, why don't you," I sighed.
"Sorry," he smirked.
"How long have you been here?" I inquired.
"About an hour," he replied.
"How come I didn't hear you?" I asked.
"I was just asleep," he answered.
I nodded.
"When do you think you'll be ready to go vinyl shopping?" he asked.
"In about an hour," I replied.
He nodded.

After eating, I showered up and got dressed. We soon headed out...

I roamed the aisles and picked up a few good albums that would be cool to have on vinyl. I quickly found the 20th anniversary of Nas' Illmatic seeing as though it was a huge display for it. I grabbed one and met up with Wolfy at the front of the store. We purchased at least ten records before heading back home.

Once there, we relaxed on the living room couch and basked in the glory of the vinyl.

"What time will Chris be back?" I asked with my hands falling onto my belly.
"I don't know. Probably late," Wolf replied.
I sighed.
"He'll be fine," he assured me.
"I know he will... I just miss him," I replied.
He nodded understandingly...

There was a brief silence between us before Wolfy looked over at me. I didn't face him at first, but I did so after he said my name.

"When did you fall in love with him?" he asked.
I ran my fingers through my hair and began thinking back to high school.

"Junior year of high school... I always denied it though. When I realized that I fell in love with him, I started pushing him away. He thought that I was just getting into my old habits of being a bitch, but it was like every time he was near me, I started feeling crazy inside. And, we would make out sometimes.. I would put my heart into those kisses, but he only thought I was trying to 'get something started.' Whenever I told him that that wasn't the case, he would tell me that I was a tease and that I was being childish... Senior year only showed how much I really did love him.. I couldn't deny it then, not that he asked, but still," I said.

"How'd you know you were in love?" Wolf asked.

"I did things for him that I wouldn't have done for anyone else. I let him get away with shit I wouldn't let anyone else get away with... And, the conversations we had were always great. And, he had a decent heart, even though he claimed that he didn't have one. And, he always made me feel.. wanted," I answered...

I looked at Wolfy suspiciously.
"Are you in love, Will?" I asked.

"I don't know... She told me she loved me, the other day, and I walked out... I didn't mean to hurt her, I just needed to figure out if I felt the same," he replied.
"Well, do you?" I asked.
He smiled slightly before nodding.
"Wolfyyy! You had a girl and didn't tell me? You're in love and didn't tell me?!" I smiled while hitting him with a pillow.
"I just told you," he smiled brightly.
I put the pillow down and hugged him.
"My Wolfy is in love," I gushed before pulling away.
"So, what's her name? How does she look? How'd you two meet?" I interrogated him, initiating an hour long discussion...