Flashback.

Flashback.

"Come on. Please, Hazel," he pleaded.

"No! I refuse to fucking go!" I sternly spoke.
"For me, Hazy," he pouted while taking my hand into his.
I stared at him as he kissed the back of my hand and laced our fingers.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as he gazed into my eyes.

"God, he's gorgeous," I thought.

Currently, Chris was raving about this party that was happening tonight and trying to convince me to go along with him.

"For me," he pecked my lips.
I couldn't help but smile.
"Please," his fingers glided against my thigh, only reminding me of the first time I went over his house, back in the summer.
"Chris, stop," I giggled, pushing him back.
"Not until you agree to come to the party," he told me.
"Fine," I acquiesced.
He smiled.

"Bonne fille," he pecked my lips.

I blushed as his arms were unwrapped from my waist.
"I'll pick you up at eight," he reminded me before walking down the hall.
I sighed as my back hit my locker.
"What have I gotten myself into?" I mumbled, closing my eyes momentarily.

"Hey, Hazel," a voice spoke.

I opened my eyes to see my friend, Jerome (Rome for short).

Rome and I met during the second quarter of junior year, last school year. He was a great guy, and he's asked me out before, but I'm in love with Chris..

I didn't straight up tell him I was; Rome actually told me that I was in love with him.

"I'm just in a compromising position right now, Rome," I remember telling him.
He gave me a disappointed look before his lips went into a flat line.
"It's because of that guy that you're in love with, right?" he replied.
I raised an eyebrow. "Who?"
"Chris," he answered.
"No... God, no," I made a stank face. Jerome smirked before he pulled me close.
He leaned in to kiss me, but I leaned back impulsively.
He smirked. "That's what I thought."

Since then, things haven't been completely awkward between us, but I can still feel some type of tension between us..

"Hey, Rome," I hugged him.
"Are you going to that party tonight?" he inquired.
"I told Chris I was, but I honestly don't know if I want to," I replied.
"You should," his hand rested on my shoulder.
I sighed.
"I'll save you a dance, if you come," he kissed my forehead.
"Fine.. I'll come," I acquiesced once again.
He smiled.
"That loser is picking you up, right?" he asked, referring to Chris.
"Yes, he is," I answered a-matter-of-factly.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," he said before walking down the hall.

Let's just say I'm not the only one who started off having some type of animosity toward Christopher...

Later that night, I got dressed in a dress that accented my curves and a pair of flats. I'm not really big on heels at parties. I put curls in my hair and got done just as my doorbell rang. I dashed toward the living room to get the door, but unfortunately, my mother got there first.

"Good evening, Ms. Grace," he smiled.
"Why are you here, Christopher?" she asked.
"I was hoping I could bring Hazel to a small get together tonight," he spoke, glimpsing at me before beginning to smirk while looking back at my mother.