Part XIII

Part XIII:

It had been several weeks since I became part of the team. The boys have gone to, maybe, a dozen stakeout thingies, and I wanted to go too. But, every time I began suiting up and getting strapped along with everyone, someone would come to me, telling me that Chris needed me. Every time I went to his office, he always needed something petty or something he could do himself. And, by the time I was done with his dumb ass chore, the guys were already gone. This time, it was going to be different...

We were strapping up and discussing the plans we had set. "Yo, Money, C wants you," Kyle said. "Tell him I'm not coming," I simply said. "He isn't going to like that," he replied. "I don't care," I simply spoke. Kyle walked away, and only a few seconds later, I was snatched up by my arm. "I told you to come here," he spoke, gritting his teeth. "So?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Do not start showing out, Money. I'll threaten you just like I do the rest of these niggas," he muttered. "I'm not scared of you, Chris," I looked up at him. He pulled his gun from his jeans and pointed it at me in a lowkey manner. "Don't ever challenge me, Money.. I'd pull this goddamned trigger, if I didn't love you," he spoke into my ear. "But, you do love me, so this threat is really pointless," I innocently spoke while poking his chest. He sighed, clenching his jaw and looking away from me. I knew he hated how easily I could get his tough exterior down. "I love you," I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close. He smiled slightly and kissed the top of my head. "I love you too," he mumbled into my hair. "Aww! Look at the happy couple," A few guys commented. "Shouldn't y'all be somewhere?" he inquired. "Well, we were waiting on Money.. Are you coming?" Kyle raised an eyebrow at me. "She's not," Chris answered for me. I rolled my eyes at the action. I'm sick of him answering questions for me, making arrangements without my consent, and etc. It's annoying, really. "Money?" Kyle looked from Chris to me, actually asking me. I smiled at the fact before simply saying, "nah, I'm good." Kyle walked away after simply nodding. The guys left, some going to handle business and others going to move dope and whatnot, leaving just Chris and I in the building..

"Get all the guns and shit off of you then I want you to come to Daddy's office," he said before slowly pulling away from me. I slowly did as he told me to as he walked into his office. Once I was "de-strapped," I walked into his office to see him leaning back in his large chair. "I know you want to be apart of the team, and I really want you to. I need you to know how to handle every possible situation that occurs, but I don't want to see you hurt yet," he simply spoke. I sighed while running my fingers through my hair. "Don't rush it. Before you know it, you'll be running shit and sometimes wishing your only job was pushing dope," he told me. He stared at me for a while before standing. "Come here," he instructed. I came closer to him. "Sit," he motioned toward his seat. The "Boss" seat, much like a father's chair in a living room. No one is allowed to sit in it but the boss. I hesitantly sat in the large chair, instantly feeling a bit of power. I smiled at the feeling as Chris sat in the chair across the desk from me, closing and locking the office door in the process. "You feel that?" he asked. I nodded. "How's it feel?" he smirked. "Good.. Comfortable," I sunk myself deeper into the leather cushioning of the chair. "This chair, Baby girl, is going to be yours one of these days.. Sit in it like it's yours," he commanded. I sunk even deeper into the cushioning. "What are you doing?" he smiled, on the verge of laughing. "I'm making this chair mine. If this chair was mine, I'd sit in it just like this," I replied. "Slouched and ready to sleep, huh?" he smirked. I nodded with a smug smile, making him chuckle. "Sit in it like you're in charge. You're the head. You're the mastermind," he said. "I'm the head bitch, I'm the one in charge," I smiled to myself while sitting up. My legs crossed as my back straightened. He smiled slightly before speaking. "I like the way that looks, Baby," he said while standing and approaching me. "You can pull that hair out of your face, and put it in a bun. Wear that shade of lipstick I always like on you. Have yourself looking all sexy and shit," he spoke from behind me as his strong hands began massaging my shoulders. I relaxed and smirked at his words, slipping my hand into his cigar box, which sat on the desk. Instead of a cigar, I ended up retrieving a thick blunt that looked like it had a smaller blunt inside. "Aw, Baby, you don't want to mess with that," he told me. "Why not?" I inquired. "That is a Cali Cannon. Smoking it all by yourself is lethal, Baby," he told me. "Funny how you love everything having to do with Cali, but Cali itself," I smirked as he left a kiss on my shoulder. "Yeah, whatever," he said while leaving a kiss on my neck. He then kissed my cheek before turning the chair toward him. He bent down to kiss me, and when he did, it was the most tender one I'd ever received. He took the Cali Cannon from me and placed it back in the wooden box. He gazed into my eyes while taking my hand into his. He kissed my palm while crouching down. "Promise me something," he said, his thumb running over my ring. "What?" I asked. "When I get locked up for God knows how long, I want you to have shit together and on lock, aight? I want you to be on your A game. No, I need you to. There's no room for mistakes when you're in my position, Hazel. I'm serious," he spoke. I nodded. "I got chu, Hazel.. I've always got you.. I know you got me too, but I really really need you to hold me down when I go.. I could go at any moment.. That's why I need you at all times. I don't need you going on stakeouts with the boys. Do I want you to? Yeah, it'll a be good experience, but do I need you to? No. You know why?" he inquired. I shook my head. "The reason I don't need you doing what they do is because if you're in my spot, you don't need to be doing what they're doing. You need to be making sure your team has what they need to get your money and theirs, networking, investing, making sure everything's even, and making sure you don't. get. caught," his tone was deadly as he spoke. I nodded, obtaining most of the information he was lending me. "What'd I just say?" he looked up at me. "I-I need to make sure that I have enough in stock; I need to make associates and not friends. I need to make sure I'm putting my money towards something that's going somewhere; I need to be making sure money is split correctly and making sure I don't get caught," I answered, stating what he did in different words. He smirked. "You got me?" his eyebrow raised. "I got chu," I smirked, remembering our first date and thinking of it as the source of this madness called our marriage.