Chapter One- Love Birds

*Catie's P.O.V*

"Tris! Laura! Get a room lovebirds! We are going to LA with Tris and the boys tomorrow, Laura,no need to be all lovey NOW!!!!!!" I said laughing.

Laura blushed a rosy pink and pulled away from her kiss with Tristan, they were a cute couple but really!? I don't understand the whole pda thing with couples, just find a private spot if you want to kiss!

Anyway, I should probably introduce myself, my name is Catie Mathews (some people all me 'Cat' and I'm 18, my best friends are Laura, Ari, Connor, Tristan,James and brad (ok, so maybe I have a slight....very little.....ok huge crush on brad! But he is still one of my bffs so who cares if I want to kiss him!?) the boys are in a band called The Vamps so we get to go to loads of cool concerts, living the dream huh? Oh and incase you hadent already guessed, Laura and Tristan and Boyfriend and Girfriend! Yes it's cute blah blah but really we should be moving on with the story......

A few minutes later, Lauren,Tris and I walked over to Ari's house were we were all meeting up, I walked into the living room and said hi to everyone. Ok so when I say I said hi to everyone I mean I said hi to Ari, Connor and James, I walked over to brad and gave him a quick hug THEN said hello of course! Those perfect brown curls, soft hazel eyes and his stunningly handsome face makes my insides melt, I just think he is amazing and-

"Can I talk to you Catie?" Asked Tristan

"Sure thing tris!" I responded walking with him into the kitchen

After stopping next to Tris a awkward silence lapsed over us like a blanket,

" 'Sup tris!?" I said breaking the silence.

"Well, I wanted to ask you something... You know since we are really close I thought you would tell me..." He mumbled,

"Go on tris," I smiled, "you know you can ask me anything."

"Ok," he replied taking a deep breath, " do you have a crush on Brad? Because you look at him differently to the rest of us and it just occurred to me."

The random theme of the question threw me a bit but I quickly decided to be honest.....

"Yes, I do but he doesn't like me back I don't think and you guys are my best friends so I don't want to make things awkward or anything," I said in a bit of a jumbled rush, not wanting brad to hear.

"Ok, well I'm not sure but I think Brad does like you, maybe you should spend some time alone together? And see what happens?" Tris smiled and gave me a quick hug before grabbing a jug of juice and rushing back to our friends.

*Brads P.O.V*

God, Catie is so pretty, when she came to hug me I wanted to kiss her right there and then, her wavy brown hair, her cute smile, I just wish she liked me back! If only........ I want to ask her out but I don't know what she would say..... Should I go for it? Should I ask her out? What do I do?? Hm............ Snap out of it Brad! She is coming back into the room!

I plopped onto the couch next to Catie as we all sat down, we are going to watch a movie, The Purge, I think it is, we all love a good scary movie! During the movie Catie got a bit freaked out so I decided to try getting more-than-friends- ish with her, she got scared so I intertwined our fingers and I felt her relax.... That's a good thing....right?

"It's ok, Cat, I got you, it's just a movie," I bent and whispered in her ear, hoping nobody would notice.

*Catie's P.O.V.*

Oh My Goody golly gracious! Brad is holding my hand and whispering in my ear! Wow. His voice is sexy! I want to tell him to go somewhere private and talk..... Maybe I should...... Or not..... Aren't guys supposed to make the first move? But isn't that a first move? What do I do? This movie is freaking me out..... I don't want to watch anymore

"I-I-I think I might go into the kitchen, this movie is scaring me a bit too much....." I mumbled standing up

Brad got up to (YES!) and said he would sit with me (DOUBLE YES!) so that's what we did, we sat and talked for ages, even started flirting.....

"You have such pretty eyes Catie...." Whispered Brad (wait! When did we start to whisper? I think this is good...)

"Thanks brad," I say smiling (I'm trying really hard not to grin like a Cheshire Cat)

*Brad's P.O.V*

Ok, brady boy, it's now or never, kiss her mate! Do it!

I leaned in towards her face and our lips almost touched when Connor walked in and we sprang apart! Damn it con! Mate your like a brother but man, worst. timing. Ever!

"Hey con!" I said, trying to act normal.... I think it's working....ish.... I don't think it worked.... Ugh oh.....

" hey guys! Come here! I just caught Brad and Catie about to SNOG!" Shouted Connor

It was Catie's turn to have a scarlet blush run up her cheeks, everyone rushed into the kitchen,

"What are you talking about Connor? We weren't going to kiss, Cat and I are friends," I grumbled (just friends with a hopeful future of dating)

Catching onto my coverup Catie said, "yeah con that's silly! Brad and I are purely friends!" (Wait did she just wink at me?? Tell me this is real!)

It took a lot of convincing on mine and Catie's part to get the others to believe our lie, I offered to walk everyone home but everyone except Catie had an excuse why they couldn't walk home with me, I think it was because they want up Catie and I to talk, either that or fate, I need to ask her on a date.

*Catie's P.O.V*

We almost kissed agh!!! I have to walk home with brad! I must! I need to tell him how I feel, I only just realised how much I really like him.......

~30 minutes later~

"Bye guys! See you tomorrow at the airport!" Brad and I exclaimed as we left Ari's house.

Brad looked at me after the front door was closed and I laced my fingers through his, deep breath, here goes nothing...

"Brad? I need to tell you something."

"Actually Cat I need to tell you something too, but you go first," Brad replied.

"Ok well, I don't know how to say this...." I said, butterflies erupting in my stomach," but I like you Brad, I mean yes of course I like you, you are one of my best friends but I also like you as more than friends and I have done for ages, and almost kissing today made me realise I had to tell you. Of you don't like me I understand but I feel you need to know."

"Well," Brad replied, a small smile tugging at his mouth, he took a deep breath," I like you too, I think you are pretty and amazing and I want to take you out on a date."

I was so happy and shocked I didn't responded with anything except a smile at brad, before I could stop smiling brad put his arms around my waist and I couldn't, no, wouldn't do anything except pull him closer and closer (this has gone so fast but I don't want it any different) until his lips crashed into mine,one thing is for sure, it was one hell of a first kiss, let me tell you that.