Chapter-17

Chandler's P.o.v ~
____________
What became hours, turned into days and then weeks of Alina in a coma. And there was that night. The terrible night that I almost lost her, my mate. I cringe at the memory.
:: Flashback::
Alina's been getting a lot of visitors. Half of our school has been in and out the hospital but Conor and Chrissy are the main ones that come everyday. I'm not really good with Chrissy (I can tell by the death glares), but you can tell she's been a wreck.
Anyways, after everyone was gone I stayed a little while at the hospital like I normally do, when all of a sudden doctors and nurses started rushing in Alina's room. They were yelling frantically at each other, grabbing things. A nurse shut the door and I jumped up. Oh god...
This can't be happening.
The blinds to the window were down by an inch, leaving a little room to see what was going on. I gripped the windowsill and stared through. I could see that her heart rate was now in a straight line. I leapt from my position and started pacing the halls. I couldn't watch anymore. My body was numb, and my chest felt tightened.
I'm never going to get to apologize, I realized.
Some doctors came out the room and I rushed to them, seizing hold of the mans arm. The doctor looked at me alarmed and I let go.
"I- is she...?" I trailed off, my voice strained with worry.
"Yes, for a moment she was dead... but she's back and should be fine for now." He let me know and scurried away.
:: end of Flashback ::
I had to go to school today or I would've went to court for missing too many days of school. I didn't feel like socializing with anyone at all. I just wanted to be by Alina's side.
I pulled up in the parking lot to see my crackhead friends waiting for me. I got out with a dull look. I couldn't hang out with them anymore either.
"Chandler, MY MAN!!" One said, about to give me a blunt.
"Your Alpha." I corrected, " and no thanks."
I walked past them and ignored their teasing murmurs.
"Immature." I huffed and shrugged on my backpack. Thank god this is my last year.
The cheerleaders were hanging out in clusters around the lockers inside. They giggled and some pulled their uniform skirts a little higher to catch my attention. Claire, a girl that I've been around with a lot, stepped out in front of me. Her finger skimmed down my shirt and I sighed waiting for the bullshit to start.
"Chandler baby, tragic thing to happen to Alina huh." She purrs and I push her finger off of me.
"Leave me alone Claire."
"Oh you never used to tell me that before, in fact you used to tell me how much you wanted to be with me!!" She retorted, causing a scene. I laughed hysterically and her lip curled.
"You and I both know, I just said that to get in your pants." I say and then walk past her.
Claire spun around on her heal, face hot in embarrassment.
"YOUR SUCH A FUCKING JERK CHANDLER JONES!!" She screams at me and I shrug, heading into my first class.
School was almost done as I was getting ready to leave from the gym. I heard a couple of guys talking from a few locker rows down.
"She so did that for attention." One said. I realized the voice was a guy named Mike.
I thought they were talking about Claire's performance this morning but that wasn't it.
"I heard that she never even earned a thing in her life, being the alpha's daughter." He said and they laughed.
Alpha's daughter? Wait a minute...
"And she's the biggest slut in the school! At parties, I always see Alina hooking up with a different guy."
Alina.
" She deserved what she got."
My breathing became heavy and I clenched my fists. No one is going to talk about her like that. I'll make sure of it.
I stalked over to them and when Mike saw me, he looked like he just seen a ghost.
"What. Did. You. Say?" I growled.
I swear at this point, I was seeing red.
"Come on bruh, I was just kidding." He says timidly.
His posse starts to get into a tight circle around us and I get in his face.
"Get out my face." He grunts and pushes me back. My eyebrows quirk upward and the guys around us break into 'oohs'. That's all it took.
I swung my fist into his nose. You could hear the 'crack', breaking it. Blood dripped down from it as he glared at me. More people came, eager for a fight.
Mike lurched forward at me. He punched me, but his fist barely made an impact.
Lost in the moment, we were both going at each other until I felt strong arms start to pull me away. The school police officer. A teacher grabbed at Mike.
"Everyone clear out.. NOW." Officer Jose yelled and everyone scurried away, shouting.
Mike and I were put into separate rooms. I was fortunate enough to get the principal, John, who was an elder in my pack. The nurse gave me a bag of ice, which I ate out of instead because I wasn't hurt. Mike looked fucked up though.
I hated myself for what I just did. I promised I was going to change for Alina...
John sat down across from me in his desk, a look of disapproval on his face.
"I already know what your going to say." I murmur, chewing on the ice.
"Well I'm going to say it anyways. You need to get your act together! You are an Alpha... is this what you want to come across to everyone?!" He yells.
"No sir."
There was an awkward silence between us both and he finally spoke up more lightly.
" We get that you've been having a hard time Chandler.., maybe you should step down from your alpha position." He says gently and I gape at him.
"No, absolutely not!"
"Us elders have been talking and we can't keep giving you second chances anymore."
"I promise I won't do anything like this again." I say honestly.
"You better keep that promise." John huffs.
Suddenly, my phone starts going off.
"Excuse me." I mumble and step outside into the empty halls to answer it.
"Hello?" I said into the phone.
"Chandler?" It was Brian. His voice was strained but there was something else.
"She's awake."
___________________________
A/N { please read all :)}
Yes, I know this is a very short chapter but I wanted to end it there so there is no need to start world war 3 in my comments, thank you.
Okay.. so I've been having this dream for the past 3 years, and I think I should make it into one of my stories! Here's what I've come up with for the summary thing. Tell me your opinions!
The year is 2040 and because of poverty and depression the government harshly separated adults, adolescence, and children. Only the adolescence are aloud to live in the "new and perfect country" known as Zertile. Ivy Anderson is forced to grow up, marry, expect to reproduce and be a Prodigy at 17 for this flawless, plastic, new world.
I'm having trouble on which cover to choose from, so if anyone wants to kik me - gaabbywood, then I'll show what I have and you can't tell me your fave.
Instagram- Gabbyw00d