Chapter - 25

Thankfully, since I'm a werewolf, everything healed and within minutes I was fine. But that couldn't stop the fact that Chandler felt 1000x worse about it then I did, which led to us stoping at Milkshake Mike's after all.
"Are you sure you're okay" Chandler asks me in line, for the millionth time.
"I'm fine mom." I tease and he shoots me a look.
"Next!!" The guy calls and we move up in line.
"Hi, I'd like a small chocolate shake-"
A sudden roar of laughter and shouting catches my attention and I crane my neck back to see what all the commotion is about.
In walked in four teenage guys. One in particular, looked familiar but they all sort of looked the same. There was a certain vibe going on with them that I couldn't put my finger on-
"Where'd you want to sit?" Chandler appears by my side holding two shakes.
"Oh um.. over there's good I guess." I point to the table farthest from the group of guys.
As we walk to it, I feel the guy who looked familiar's dark eyes staring at me. When he knows I'm staring back, his lips quirk upward into a smile. His other friends take notice of this small encounter and start talking to him in hushed voices.
Derek.
The names pops in my head just like that. His name is Derek.. and I think he sits behind me in English. He was cute and edgy, in a bad boy way. He was also a werewolf, but didn't have the built body like one. It was more lean and had less muscle, but still attractive. He always wore a beanie to control all his jet black colored curls.
"That ball must've hit your head hard huh?" Chandler laughs and I snap back to him.
"What?"
"You keep spacing out." He chuckles and I can't help but bite my lip.
"Sorry."
"So I was thinking... maybe tonight we could watch-?"
"I would but I promised Catherine I would go to the mall with her tonight."I remember and Chandler looks upset.
"Forgot about that." He murmurs and we both get up and throw away our milkshakes.
"I hope you didn't forget that we're stoping by Layla's real quick after this too?"
"And that also." He chuckles pulling me into a hug as he kisses my forehead.
"Can you make some time for your mate one day?" Chandler asks in my ear and a shudder runs through my body. I push back away from him slightly, not wanting him to see the effect he has on me.
"Yes but for now I have to go pee." I say urgently causing him to laugh as I walk fast to the bathroom.
Once done taking care of business, I open the door carelessly and scream. Derek was standing right in front of my stall. In front of me.
"Ugh, this is a girls bathroom.." I mumble nervously and Derek smirks.
"I think I got that Alina." He teases and I try to move past him, but he blocks me.
"Well what the hell do you want?!" I try to put as much force as I can muster but of course I think I successfully failed.
Derek closes the space in between us, to where I can here him breathing. I take a step back away from him, but his arm reaches out, holding me around my waist.
"It's not what I want." He whispers in my ear. "Well.. not yet anyways."
A chill runs through my body, making me shiver. But it wasn't the same feeling Chandler gives me. At that, Derek gets the wrong impression because his other hand skims along my face.
Finally having enough, I push him away ruffly, causing him to stumble back. I make a run for the door but Derek grabs me and pins me to the wall so I'm unable to move.
"Feisty huh?" He says in between gritted teeth, " I like it."
"Let me go!!" I cry.
"Not until you get the message." He says and when I don't say anything, he continues on.
"Go to the dance next Saturday, have on a red dress." He tells me seriously, loud and clear, "When they announce king and queen, go outside to the back of the school."
My mind was trying to wrap around all the things he was telling me. Why did I have to? What was going on..?
"What if I don't want to." I mutter and a sickening smirk spears on his pretty boy face.
"Then Chandler's dead."
=============
I decided not to tell Chandler what happened in the bathroom. If I did, I'd be locked in a padded room, never again seeing daylight.
The weird thing was, Derek used to be me friend. In Elementary school we had the biggest crushes on each other. We would play all the time, when someone picked on me, he would stick up for me. But once we got to high school, he changed. Derek started hanging out with the wrong people, and he earned this big bad boy image, but still liked me. By then I was only focused on being with my future mate and not having a relationship. So every time he called, I declined, he asked me out, I said no, tried to talk about "us" and I ignored. We fell apart after that.
The only thing on my mind though is, What's going to happen at the dance..?
"You sure you don't want me to come?" Chandler asks once we arrive at Layla's.
"It'll only take a minute." I promise and step out the car.
I knock on her door at least three times before she finally answers. And when she does I have to take a step back from the strong smell of Alcohol.
She's hungover. Of course.
"Heeeyy my favorite Cousin!!" She slurs and invites me in. Eventually she plops on the coach, and starts drifting to sleep.
"Layla!!" I yell, " Stay awake, I need to ask you something."
"Not so loud jeez." She groans.
"How close were you with Beck?"
"Ugh other then friends with Benefits.. I would buy weed from him-"
And that's when it clicked. Beck is with the drug dealers, or was. I find it ironic how he was also a part time substitute teacher. I guess that didn't pay the bills...
"When was the last time you've seen him?" I ask frantically while Layla goes to grab another beer from the fridge.
"Before he left for Canada, He had some people looking for him." She mumbles and my mouth drops slightly open.
Just like how they were looking for Chandler at the fair. It makes sense now. Beck was running from skinny's gang. But... why?
"Thanks Layla!" I say but she's already snoozing off on the couch, drink in hand.
College kids...
"Where to now?" Chandler mumbles as I get back in the car and I can't help but chuckle.
He's my chauffeur.
"The mall, Catherine can bring me home."
Catherine's waiting for me by the formal store and once she see's me, instantly she perks up with a nervous smile.
"Hey!" We both great each other when someone abruptly slams into my shoulder and walks away. I make some sort of surprised noise, and look back to see the person dressed in all black. From the back of their head, you can tell it's a male. I start to have this uneasy feeling in my stomach.
"Some people are just so rude." Catherine interrupts my thoughts and I nod.
"Yeah, let's just go find some dresses." I say quietly.
What Derek told me pops in my mind as I stare longingly at this beautiful, dark blue dress.
But I had to get red.
I didn't like red on me. I always thought it looked more flattering on blondes. Plus, it was bright and I don't like standing out. At all. So, I tend to go for the darker colors.
"That would look beautiful on you, Alina." Catherine suddenly appears next to me. I bite my lip and shake my head.
"I don't know..-"
"Aw come on!" She urges and places the elegant dress in my arms, "Just try it on."
I look around us, paranoid. Maybe, Derek was bluffing.
"Okay." I say as I go into the changing room.
Catherine was right. The dress did look beautiful on me. It was long and had a draped shoulder with few sequins. It was perfect-
Suddenly a pair of big, brown, boots stop right in front of my stall and stay there.
"Hello?" I call out but the person doesn't respond.
I'm just about to open the door when suddenly a short, red dress gets thrown over, and in my changing room. The feet shuffle away and I peek my head out to see no one there. I turn back to the dress.
The red dress.
___________________________
Hope you guys enjoyed the Chap. :))
Social Medias
Wattpad Ig- That.wattpad.girl
Main Ig- Gabbyw00d
Youtube- Gabbyguru202