Her Ghost

Marinette POV

The akumatized person had shown up a couple hours after school and yet even after an hour of fighting he was not defeated.

I could tell that Chat was tired, as was I, but we couldn't stop now.

We tried to confuse him but he had a million eyes in consolation of him not being able to see his girlfriend cheating on him. So he always saw us.

Chat threw out his baton in a last effort to render See-All unconscious, but it backfired when he smacked Chat away instead.

"Chat noir!" I screamed. He didn't hear me though because he refused to move. I was quickly attacking now. The beeping in my ears getting louder each minute. Now I had two minutes left.

"Chat noir! I need you!" I screamed without turning his way. Fear taking place in my chest and frequently causing me to pause where I shouldn't.

"Please!" I screamed to no one in particular, the thought of dying here making my heart beat out of my chest.

But I couldn't die. Not here. Not now. Not with Chat lying on he ground less then 50 feet away. I can't.

Despite my aching bones and feelings I stood up tall and gave it all I got when I noticed I had less than 30 seconds left.

Here goes nothing. Whipping out my yo-yo I whacked his head quickly, hitting each of his eyes. He yelled and fell back, his giant body creating a dent in the road.

Without hesitation I removed the picture from his hand of a girl with a boy. Must be his ex, I thought sadly.

"Ladybug!" Someone screamed, a bloodcurdling scream. I whipped around to find Chat running my way, but he wasn't fast enough.

I felt it before I saw it. See-All's hand had swung out and caught my middle with his claws, creating huge gashes that gushed blood.

My time beeped away, and by the time I hit the ground I was Marinette. Chat could see me, was the only thought running through my head. Not that I was dying, or that this could be the end, just that my cover was blown. I was in shock.

Chat, however, payed me all but no attention. Instead he finished defeating See-All, ripping the butterfly to shreds and quickly bringing me my lucky charm.

"Please Marrinette! You need to throw this up. Please." He begged quietly, lifting my head into his lap.

So with the adrenaline rushing through me, I used the last of my strength to throw my lucky charm up. The words 'miraculous ladybug' barely making their way out of my mouth.

Everything changed, but chat picked me up and ran me to the hospital before anyone could connect the dots to my identity. He only had a minute.

"Bystander!" He quickly yelled in answer to the nurse's curious glance, hesitant on handing me off to the nurse on hand. But eventually he let go and, with one more sad smile, disappeared out of view.

I tried to stay awake, tried to talk, but my adrenaline was running out and the pain of my injury hit me ten-fold and my vision went black.

Adrien POV

I had asked Marinette out today; she had said yes. Now she lay gushing blood at the hands of a monster I wasn't strong enough to defeat for her.

The doctors tried but they weren't able to keep her from slipping into a coma.

My beautiful friend and partner was unconscious, I was starting to lose my mind. Goodness help me.

I was currently sitting at her bedside, where I had been for the past two minutes, after sneaking away from my father after dinner. I was leaning my head down on the bed, playing with her hand subconsciously.