Drunk Confessions

Thank you all so much for over 70k reads! It really means a lot. I'm going to try and start updating again and hope life doesn't get too needy haha.

And sorry for always making Adrien dramatic... it's just too much fun.

Adrien POV

"You mean to tell me that alya and Marinette are coming up this weekend?" I asked Nino curiously.

"Yup. They're only a little over an hour from here anyway and they wanted to hang out like old times."

I placed my backpack next to me and started shuffling my books onto my desk. All the homework I had been putting off suddenly hit me with regret.

"And they're just gonna hang out in our dorm or...?"

Nino laughed, "why do you seem nervous. We hung out with them all the time in high school. College won't be any different."

Fine. Sure. No different. So why did it feel like everything was different? Marinette had confessed to me right after graduation but I hadn't known what to say. I had recently broken up with Kagami and I hadn't been looking for anyone, but since we moved away I've suddenly missed her terribly. I bet she hates me though.

"And Marinette said she wanted to hang out with both of us?" I asked quietly, still placing my homework out in front of me.

"Of course dude." Nino hit my shoulder with a smile and walked into the kitchen, leaving me with my tendency to overthink.

But really, how bad could it be?

~~~<>~~~

Marinette POV

I laid on my bed face down as Alya tried to convince me that this weekend would be fun. I mean, she gets to see her boyfriend, I get to see the love of my life who doesn't love me.

I groaned out a sharp no and refused to lift my head.

"Girl! You are coming with me this weekend or so help me!" She ripped the covers off of me and I yelped at the bitter, cold air.

"I just can't face him Alya. It was awkward over summer and it's gonna be awkward now!" I mumbled trying not to get too worked up.

She looked out the window, then the ceiling, then at me. "I doubt it's gonna be anything like you say. Won't you trust me just this once? If it goes bad then I'll buy you dinner for a week. Deal?"

I glared up at her and her tempting deal. I would do anything for food. "Fine fine. When do we leave again?"

Her acclamation took me by surprise and worked in curing me of my tiredness. I glared but she didn't take any notice.

"We leave tomorrow morning." She was still grinning as she sauntered out of my room.

~~~<>~~~

Adrien POV

I had slept terribly, worried about how Marinette would react when she saw me, but nothing could prepare me for the anxiety I felt sitting and waiting with only five minutes left on the countdown.

"Dude chill." Nino watched me with a perturbed face. He eyed my bouncing knee and sighed. "She's not gonna kill you relax."

"At this rate I hope she will." I muttered, rubbing a hand through my hair. Perhaps I'm really overthinking this and she's gonna act like nothing ever happened. But how do I tell a girl I turned down that I want her now?

"Ooh dude the party is on." Nino said abruptly, catching me off guard and interrupting my panic.

"What?" I hissed, having to worry about trying to figure out what he was saying was making me irritated.