Broken Hand {1}

I'm staring at my hand. Pain surging through it. The throbbing pulsating down my arm managed to reach the depths of my ears, where the repeating badump, badump drowned out any other surrounding noises. I shut my eyes as tightly as I could, trying to focus on anything but the agonising pain coming from my right hand. 

I crack and eye open as soon as I hear the muffled voices of the doctor and my mother.

"Broken hand...6 months...unable... volleyball."

Wait—

Did that mean?? Did that mean that?? Did that mean that I wouldn't be able to play volleyball?? For six months?!

This can't be happening! What?! The spring tournament is coming up soon! NononononONONO!! Why?! Why did I have to be so dumb?! So freakin stupid?! Angry tears quickly formed at the brim of my eyes, blurring my vision completely and making me drown into my own thoughts. What was I going to do?! How was I going to break it to the team?! How on earth would I be able to participate in practice?! Let alone the upcoming tournament?! Why can't the doctors just make it better like they are supposed to?!

Tears eventually ran down from my eyes and sped down my cheeks. I wanted to believe I was crying because of the excruciating pain, but in reality I very well knew that those hot crocodile tears came from the unbearable sinking feeling sitting in the middle of my chest.

Why did the world have to be so against me??

I close my eyes tighter and tighter, as I try not to choke out a loud sob. I think back on events that happened not too long ago, as regret, anger, frustration, despair, and complete fear of the unknown overwhelmed me.

Flash back

I'm running from Kageyama. He's really angry I poured his milk over his shirt. I giggle in triumph. Heeheee!! I'm wAYYy faster than him he'll never catch me!! Besides, he ate my originó o had saved for the evening, like a greedy mEANIE. So I consider my revenge plausible.

Then.

I started to fall.

It all happened in slow motion: as I looked back to see Kageyama chase me through the forest just outside the gym, a cat sprinted out from its hiding spot and rushed right by my feet, exactly while I was running as if my life depended on it (because it did). Before long, I started to fall, to the ground (obviously), and I did what any other human would do. I put my hands out.

It took me a moment to realise that the place I was falling to was not the ground, but rather, a steep hill, which lead to a concrete road—yknow, similarly to the one I take when I go home. Except this time i was falling uncontrollably, metres of hill to go, at an alarming speed. I heard the faint cries of Kageyama behind me, but all I could hear in my ears was the wind, and the intense fear I felt.

Then I heard a loud thud. Exactly when I made impact.

The pain. It was unbearable. I couldn't move my right hand. Well, in fact, I couldn't move at all. My head was absolutely killing me. My shoulders, especially my right one, where in absolute agony, and my sides where screaming in pain. I was gasping for air, desperately. I was winded. I was in shock. I was in pain. I was in so much pain. All I remember was me letting out a blood curdling scream as I looked down at where it hurt most.

My hand.

Not only was it absolute torturous to feel the pain I was experiencing in my right hand, but looking down... and seeing... how f u c k e d it was almost made me sick.

I could see... well first of all I could see blood. And I could see it going in really weird angles. And... I could see bones... underneath ripped flesh from my palm... I made the mistake of looking back at it again, but this time my mind blanked as I passed out.

End of flash back

I was fine now... well... sort of. At least my hand was going in the correct angles and was put in a lot of bandages and a cast now, but it still hurt as if someone were repeatedly slamming a sledgehammer into my hand again and again.

I kept thinking back—Was I going to be useless during these 6 months? Was I going to be the only crow that couldn't fly?? The crow with the broken wing??
Seeing the other crows leave the nest, while I had to sit there and watch??
Seeing the others advance, while I can't even throw a ball with out unbearable pain??

The only one...

Falling??

Hey ho! Sorry for the short chapter. Don't mind! Don't mind!
I'll get a longer chapter next time!
😂😉❤️

YAHO ITS EDITOR ME HERE. I JUST WANNA SAY, THIS WAS GETTING A LOT MORE ATTENTION THAN EXPECTED, SO I REREAD IT, PUKED INTO MY OWN MOUTH, AND DECIDED TO EDIT AT LEAST THE QUALITY OF THE WRITING AS MUCH AS I COULD. E W WAS OLD ME A BUCKETLOAD OF CRINGE HOLY FUCK.