Chapter 1

*This is a ROMANCE/FANTASY/WEREWOLF story. 

Chapter 1

Damien Gray

“Did we lose them?” I asked Sebastian, as we lowered ourselves to the ground.

“We lost them,” Sebastian said, as he retracted his wings inside his back. There were two slits in the back of his shirt, from when the wings had cut through.

“We need to be more careful. That was too close,” I said to him, heaving a sigh of relief.

“Don’t worry little cousin, I’ll protect you,” Sebastian said, putting his arm around my shoulder, and giving me a wide grin.

It was true though. Ever since we discovered what we were, Sebastian had been the only one to have my back.

I could say our problems started the day we crossed paths with some Rogue Werewolves. We weren’t careful, and flew too low to the ground.

The moment the Rogues caught sight of our wings, all hell broke loose. They came after us, but we were too smart. The mistake was corrected by going higher in the air, until we became invisible and blended in with the clouds.

After that, it was a matter of tracking down the four Rogues, and getting rid of them before they spilled their guts about what they saw.

Our wings were what had scared them. Werewolves were used to being the only supernatural species to exist. In one thing they were right- other than what Sebastian and me were- the only other supernatural species out there were Werewolves.

But to say that our problems began there, well that would be selling myself short. Our problems began the day both Sebastian and I turned 13 years old, when wings tore through our skin, and sprouted out of our backs.

First, it happened to Sebastian. We’d been skateboarding outside, when he collapsed to the ground from the pain. I did my best to carry him back home. I was younger than him by a few months, but we were about the same height.

When we arrived at his house, his parents didn’t know what was happening. They had no idea what was wrong with him.

A few days later, when his parents discovered the wings that sprouted from Sebastian’s back, they kicked him out. They said he was a freak.

Six months later, the same thing happened to me.

That was the faithful day my entire life changed. It was the day when I went from being a regular teenager, and turned into what I am today.

I am Damien Gray- the second Legen to exist in centuries.

To describe what Sebastian and I were, well that was still mainly a mystery to us as well. After Sebastian got kicked out of his house, my dad took him in. My dad and Sebastian’s dad were brothers. When the wings came along, Sebastian’s parents kept everything on the down low. They were ashamed and scared of what he was.

My parents always wondered why Sebastian’s dad had kicked him out, but they never questioned me when I asked for Sebastian to come live with us.

When the transformation for me came along, my parents got the answer they had been searching for. Not only did they agree with what Sebastian’s parents thought, but they ended up kicking us out as well.