Mascarade

Soulmate au: Your soulmate will be wearing the same mask as you and you can only remove it when you meet your soulmate.

This story was requested by fallbb123
I hope you enjoy it, Im sorry it took so long. Also Happy Birthday Yoongi <3

19 years. Yoongi had been walking around 19 years with his stupid masquerade mask attached to his extremely pale face.

He liked to believe that tomorrows new years party would finally be the year he meets his soulmate and removes his mask but doubt swims in every corner of his mind.

Every year a new years party occurs to give people the opportunity to meet their soulmate. It's rare to meet your soulmate on any other occasion and Yoongi has attended the party for 13 years but each year no one is wearing a red and gold autumn themed mask with a beautiful red rose attached to the side.

"C'mon Yoongz this is the year for the both of us!" Yoongis best friend Jin said as they were talking over the phone.

"Just like it was last year and the year before?" Yoongi replied with annoyance evident in his voice.

"Min Yoongi stop being so negative this instant, tch you'll never get your soulmate to like you if you keep behaving like this I feel sorry for the poor thing" Jin ranted while Yoongi sat there taking everything in.

"fine fine I'll try be more positive i mean tomorrow could be the day! but i doubt it" Yoongi said mumbling the last part quietly enough for Jin to not hear.

"THATS THE SPIRIT! I gotta make some dinner now but I'll see you tomorrow night" Jin said before hanging up.

Yoongi stared at his wardrobe looking at the jet black suit that was carefully ironed and hanged.

'Maybe Jins right tomorrow could be the night i meet my soulmate' Yoongi thought before closing his eyes falling into a deep slumber.

~The next day~

"MIN YOONGI GET UP" Yoongi heard his mum call.

"No thanks" he grumbled turning over to block out any noise.

"Get up right now before I-"

"Okay okay im sorry im up" Yoongi hurriedly said not wanting to anger his mother.

"Good now shower and get changed" She said walking out the room.

After yoongi showered, ate, procrastinated and changed into his black suit with white gloves and nicely painted brobees it was already 7pm one hour before the party. He looked in the mirror one last time and called his mum.

"Mum im gonna leave now" he informed her causing her to rush in the living room.

"Wait a second sweetheart" she pulled out her phone and took many photos of Yoongi.

"Come here" His mum whispered pulling Yoongi into a hug and kissimg his cheek.

"You kids grow up so fast, try to bring home your soulmate tonight okay? I can't wait meet to her" Mrs Min said as she slowly let him go.

'Me too'

"Now go! You dont wanna be late!" Mrs Min said as Yoongi exited the door giving a small wave.

Yoongi collected Jin from his house and they both set off to the ball together. Jin was wearing a burgundy suit with black matt shoes to match his burgundy and silver mask.

They both soon arrived at the party staring at awe at the beautiful decorations.

"Come on lets go inside!" Jin exclaimed as Yoongi walked in after him.

The ball was beautiful with exquisite food and thousands of people either with their newly found soulmate or still searching.

"Well I hope everyone is having fun! Please gather for the first slow dance of the evening!" The host called causing everyone to cheer and clap.

The band who were playing entered the stage and Yoongi stared at them one by one until Jin tapped his shoulder.

"Since we have no one to dance with would you like to dance?" Jin asked wriggling his eyebrows.

Yoongi sighed taking his hand "Just like all the other years"

"Yep" Jin replied as they both chuckled.

Yoongi looked at the stage and quickly put all his attention on the stage as he noticed something that looked a lot like his mask.

He left Jin and walked closer to get a better look and gasped as he stared at the exact replica of his red and gold mask.

Yoongi examined the girl sitting on stage playing the harp. She wore a long gold dress with her hair opened just simply straight. She wore less makeup just eyeliner and red lipstick and had the most focused expression on her face as she played the instrument in her hands.

The girl who looked around his age was too busy to even notice Yoongi. Once the song ended the crowd applauded the band but Yoongi stood there starstruck.

The girl was about to walk of stage but something caught the corner of her eye.

She did a double take as she stared at Yoongi wondering if her eyes were deceiving her or if her brain was hallucinating.

Once she was positive this was reality she ran down the stage towards her soulmate and hugged him tightly.

"Hi" Yoongi said still still in shock

"Hi" She laughed which was the most beautiful sound Min Yoongi had ever heard.

Still in his embrace she looked up asking "Whats your name?"

"Min Yoongi, Yours?"

"(Y/F/N), I guess we should remove each others masks now right" She sad excitedly with a huge smile and let go of Yoongi.

They both removed each others masks easily and Yoongi held her face as if she were as fragile as porcelain.

"Your skin is so smooth and pale almost like sugar" (Y/N) giggled taking Yoongis hand and lacing it with her own.

"My mum's gonna love you" Yoongi said with a sparkle in his eye as they both laughed together.