Chapter 22 - Clip Recording / The Red Special Fall / Part 01

Saturday, October 27, 1973.

Kate POV

Nine o'clock in the morning.

The girls and I are here today at one of the BBC studios to accompany the recording of the music video for Queen's two songs: Keep Yourself Alive and Liar. The boys have gone to bed.They're in the dressing room. On the small stage, the boys' instruments are already mounted: Rog's drum set, Bri's Red Special is there, Freddie's grand piano, John's bass. The girls and I chatted excitedly, because we will see for the first time the recording of two clips, which will last the whole day. The clip's recording starts at ten in the morning and runs until six in the afternoon.

"I'm anxious for the recordings of the two clips to begin," said Mary Austin.

"We'll have to wait a little longer," he said, smiling.

"We still have an hour to wait for the boys," Veronica said. "We can not go into the dressing room to talk to them. We can do something while we wait for the recordings.

"Let's have a snack in the meantime, girls, what do you think?" - Josephine said.

- I'm already hungry and I already had coffee - Said my friend Sarah who is lean of bad even, because she eats a lot. "I accept Josephine.

"Sarah has a bottomless stomach," Julianne smiled.

"I'll have another coffee, too," Clare said. "And it's a cold morning, I'll take it."

"So let's go and we'll talk more," Chrissy said.

Then the girls and I headed towards the big diner, which is on the BBC. We had credentials that Tim and my cousin Andrew got. They're in the dressing room with the guys.

Roger POV

The boys and I were in the dressing room, getting ready, because at ten o'clock we will start recording the first song that will be Keep Yourself Alive and then Liar. We will record the clip of the two songs today. After I went back to college, I was able to get back the materials of the week I had lost, but at the stage, they really cashed in on the money I will receive at the end of the month, patience, but I'm not going to stop doing my presentations with Queen. The band is my life, one of the most important things in my life, after my mother, sister and friends.

"Guys, I go quickly to the stage, I think I forgot my hair spray, in a backpack, on the stage," Brian said.

"See if it will not be too late, dear Bri," said Freddie. "We have to get cleaned up quickly.

"Do not worry, I will not be late," Brian said as he left.

"In the meantime, let's keep packing," Deacy said.

POV Narrator

Meanwhile, a person goes up on stage without anyone to see, because the place is empty. The person picks up the Red Special from Brian, who was on the stage and smiles.

Then the person picks up Brian's Red Special and walks away quickly, without anyone noticing.

Where is the person going with Brian's Red Special?

POV Brian

I go toward the stage to get my hair spray, which is in my backpack, next to my Red Special. To my surprise, on arriving at the stage, I do not see my precious guitar, I found my backpack with the spray, but, where is my guitar? Desperate, I search all over the scene and next to it, without success.

I run back into the dressing room and I'm about to faint. Someone got my precious guitar, but who? He was pale.

"Bri, are you okay?" Rog asked.

"My brother, my Red Special is gone, she's not on stage. - You said already crying - They robbed my Red Special.

"That's not possible," Tim said in alarm.

"Who would do such an abomination?" - Luke said.

"We have to look for your guitar now, Bri," said Andrew confidently. "I'll speak with security to look for them all together."

"Calm yourself Bri, it'll all work out," Deacy said. "We will not make this shoot without your Red Special.

"Deacy, I want my guitar," she said, crying.

"We're all going to look for your guitar now," Roger said. "And we'll let the girls know too, to help us find her."

At that moment, we all left the dressing room and went looking for my guitar, for my rare jewelry.