Chapter 43 - Hair Dye / Preparation of new scandals.

Sunday, April 14, 1974.

Kate POV

I got up around ten in the morning and was making coffee for Jo, Clare, Roger, and me. Then the girls got up and helped me with the food.

"I feel tired," Clare said. "I did not sleep at night worried about my brother.

"Rog is fine," Jo said. "He scared everyone off, but now it's okay.

I was thoughtful because of everything Josephine did to Roger in a matter of betrayal, and I remained silent, finishing the coffee.

A few minutes later, Roger appeared in the kitchen smiling.

"Good morning, my beautiful ones," he told us.

"Good morning my love," Jo said, going to hug Roger and kiss him.

I grimaced without thinking and Clare looked at me and Roger too as he kissed Jo.

"Is everything okay, Kate?" Clare asked, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Yes, my friend," I said. "Let's all have coffee, it's already late.

We sat and had coffee talking. Roger still insists on participating in this race.

"If I were you Rog, I would not take part in this race any longer," he said, looking seriously. "All you have left is the scare you gave us yesterday, you should think about the people who cared about you.

Roger looked at me seriously.

"And you think I do not think of the people who cared about me, who cared about me, Kate?" Of course I think, but dammit, I can not give up the race because of an accident. - He said seriously.

"Because of sabotage, that's the truth, Roger. Someone tried to sabotage your car by unplugging the brake wires for you to have an accident, thank God it was only a scare. If you thought about your mother a little more, your sister, girlfriend, and friends would not participate in this damn race, "she said irritably and worriedly.

"I'm not easy to give up, Kate, I'm not," he said angrily as he sipped his coffee. "If it was sabotage, the organization will find out who's responsible for it, who did it, and sure enough, on race day, safety scheme and will test all drivers' cars before participating.

"You're being stubborn, dammit," she said angrily. "If you were smart, you would not be in that race any more, Roger.

"Of course I'll join Katherine. I love racing, I love driving, I love racing and I want to win the race to make good money and you as my friend, one of my best friends should be by my side, supporting me, do not you think? - He said angry and serious.

"I'm sorry if I'm honest and I do not always agree on your decisions," he said angrily. "But that's my way, okay? And if you do not accept my way, my friendship and advice is just to warn.

Roger looked at me sadly.

"Kate and Rog, please, no more arguments," Clare asked worriedly.

Josephine was drinking coffee in silence. And I also took my coffee in silence. A short time later, I finished my coffee and put the things in the sink and began to wash.

Roger was serious, too, and finished his breakfast and then got up and headed for the living room with Josephine.

Clare was in the kitchen with me.

"Kate, are you all right?" She asked again.

"I'm Clare, do not I look like I'm okay?" "I was a bit harsh with her.