Chapter 35 - Sunbury Rock Festival.

P.S: The rare video above is about the Sunbury Rock Festival of the year 1974, in which Queen participated. The festival was held in Melbourne, Australia.

January 1974

Kate POV

São Paulo Brazil

Monday, January 28, 1974.

I'm in São Paulo, Brazil, visiting my mother Cíntia, my stepfather Allan, who never liked him and my little brother, Eric, two and a half years old. I have been in São Paulo since January 7 and will be returning to London, just on February 7, just before my college classes and my work as an English teacher. My little brother is home. He spent Christmas and New Year at home with family members and I was very happy, but, he is taking medicine and will soon be having a new chemotherapy session. My mother also said the doctors said that if Eric is not cured with chemotherapy and drugs he will need a bone marrow transplant.

"If Eric needs a bone marrow transplant, the surgery will be very expensive, his stepfather and I'm already seeing the issue of lending money with the banks," said my mother who is a teacher.

"I'll keep sending money all month, Mom, to help with my little brother's treatment, and if so, I'll raise the money to send to you each month, but you will not borrow the money from the bank, I'll help pay the Eric's surgery. I have some savings and I'll send the money to you soon, "he said.

"I thank you, my daughter," my mother said, hugging me.

Eric then walked over to me. My little brother had a shaved head and sat next to me and touched my hands and smiled.

- You're really handsome, love. When you're healed, I'll take you to London to stay with me for a while, you want to stay with your sister Kate for a while? I asked and he smiled.

"I want to." He smiled. "I want to stay with my sister.

I hugged him emotionally and filled him with kisses on the cheek.

"And you'll meet my friends and I'm sure you'll like them all, especially Freddie and Roger," he said with a smile.

He taught Eric to speak a few words in English. My mother also teaches it. I picked up an English book with drawings of fruit, houses and associated the figure with the English word for my brother.

I will do anything to help my mother and my stepfather. Eric is a golden boy, very handsome and I'm sure my little brother will win this disease. He's strong and even in the distance I'll always be with Eric, somehow.

I remembered that today Queen is flying to Melbourne to attend the Sunbury Rock Festival, a three-day musical event in Melbourne, Australia. Roger said that as soon as the presentation ended, he would call my mother's house, telling the news, I expect the band to do well in the performance.

- Daughter, I already know that your work, your studies are going very well in London and I know that today the band traveled to Melbourne, I believe that already has arrived m due to the time zone. Are you anxious for the boys at Queen to call you? Asked my mother.

- Yes Mom, I'm anxious and worried - said to Eric on my lap - I hope that the presentation of the band to work, Roger said he will call me, so the band perform at the festival.

Roger POV

After the New Year's Eve, on January 6, Kate traveled to São Paulo / Brazil, to visit her mother, her stepfather, friends and her little brother Eric. She only returns to London on February 7.After Kate's trip, the boys and I rehearsed for future performances, just as Mick Rock also did some photos with us, for the band's new album, promotional photos of the album that he will finish later, as well as missing the photos on the back cover of Queen II album and cover. Luke will help Mick Rock in this endeavor. During the month of January, I missed Kate very much, but she would call me just as I would call her and comment on everything that was happening and she also kept in touch with her father, stepmother and her cousin Andrew.