Chapter 26 - The adversary.

Kate POV

In the week of November 5 to November 9, Mick Rock held an autograph session with Queen, at night in a photo studio in London, for the release of the band's second album and also of Queen's tour with band Mott The Hoople in the UK. My friend Luke attended the photo shoot and he was an assistant to Mick Rock during the photos. This week too, I rewrote myself to take part in the election of the College Student Guild. Last year I was a representative of King's College students for winning the election. I am the representative of the students at King's College and I listen to everything they have right and duties and step to the Rectory, so often everything that college students want is done. My friend Roggie even helped in my election campaign last year and he said he will help this year in my campaign again and will publicize.

"You're the ideal person to be in office again, my dear Kate," Roggie said, hugging me.

"Thank you for your support, Roggie," he said, smiling.

Rog and Jo have understood each other again. Jo had been jealous of Roger and me, and rightly so, Roger preferred to dance with me than with her own girlfriend, there are certain times when I do not understand Rog's actions.

The election for the reconquest of the representative of the Student Guild will be in December, before the college holidays and during the month of November there will be the campaign.During the month of November, Rog will be on tour, but before he travels, he says he already knows what he will do to help me on my college campaign.

I knew that other people will compete with me, this year the number of opponents will be higher.

Days passed, until Monday, November 12, 1973, and the Rector said that by the end of this week, anyone else who would like to apply to compete for the King's College Student Representative may feel at ease . He still told Rog if he would compete and he said no.

"I'll never sign up and compete with you, Kate," Roggie said, looking at me. "The right person to take on all this is you, my friend. Kate, besides being beautiful, you are very communicative, intelligent, fair and will do everything to continue helping the students that they need. And more: I'm busy with Queen's performances and I want to finish until July next year at college.

"Thank you very much, Roggie," she said, smiling. "Your opinion, your help is very important to me, and you will certainly do it again.

Scott POV

She was in the classroom with Kate, talking about the election.

"I'll definitely vote for you again, Kate, like last year," he told her.

"Thank you, Scott, I hope everything works out," Kate said to me.

"And your friend Roger, will not you sign up for the Student Guild representative?" I asked under interest.

"No," Kate said. "Rog is not going to run," Kate said. "Rog will support me as he always did, he would never be my opponent and fight me. It's what I think. Roger is loyal to his friends.

"I hope he does not disappoint you, Kate," I told her.

"Roger will not let me down," Kate said with conviction.

I smile softly and I know what I'm going to do to hurt Roger. I get in touch with some biology course students, who studied in Roger room. I have an acquaintance who studies with Roger and I give him money and I ask him to do exactly what I asked for. And so he did. I smile victoriously, I just want to see what the friendship between Kate and Roger will look like after that.

Friday, November 16, 1973.

Kate POV

Rog travels tomorrow morning to Belfast, capital of Northern Ireland and they will perform in the city on Saturday and Sunday. The classes ended and before I went to my work as an English teacher I was waiting for the Rector to talk about the candidates who will compete for the representative of the Student Guild. The Rector spoke my full name, the name of two more people who will compete with me, who are from last year and two new people, who will also compete with me.

Suddenly the Rector sees another role with another person who will run for the representative of the Student Guild.

"Who will be the other student who will compete with you, my blonde, my angel?" Rog asked, looking at me. "But it does not matter, you can have four more, five more candidates, and you'll win them all."

At that moment I was silent, waiting for the Rector to speak the name of the other candidate.

"And the last candidate to represent the students at King's College is Roger Meddows Taylor, a senior of the Biology faculty," said the Rector.

Many applauded, including Scott, my classmate who does not like Roger. I nod, not believing. Roger had said he would never compete with me, but he did everything the other way round.

"Kate, I swear to God, I do not know how my full name got on the list of competitors, I swear my angel," said Roger, startled.

- It turns out Roger that your full name is on the list of who will apply. Roger, you lied to me, you made a fool of me, how much disappointment, that, because I thought you'd stand by me, help me campaign with the campus students, but now you're going to be my opponent. The adversary, my great adversary.

"Kate, please, I swear I do not understand how my record went to the Rector's office, I do not want to run for this election, I want you to be the big elect again, please believe me," Roger said desperately.

"Roger, I try to believe you, but dammit, please explain to me how your name, your data was in the Rectory's hand," she said irritably. "I want to believe you, but it proves how your data came to Rectory.

"I've already said that I do not know how my full name, number of documents went into the Rectory's hand," said Roger annoyed. "Kate, I would never do that, deceive you and become your adversary.

- Same? "You know what, Roger?" You are beautiful, communicative, girls like you, surely the aluminum in the King's College vote for you to be the representative of them. To be the great representative of King's College students and become more popular than it already is.

I am very sad and I leave Roger's presence.

"Kate, please, I swear, let's talk, I did not do it," he said flatly.

"I do not want to talk to you, Roger, I do not want to, you hurt me," he said.

"Kate, please believe me, do not do this to me," said Roger annoyed at me, but I do not pay attention.

I'm leaving, while Roger calls me, but, I leave him talking to himself.

Scott POV

I paid a large sum to my acquaintance, who studies Biology at King's College and he's in the same room as Roger. I asked for this acquaintance of mine, write down all Roger document numbers, as well as date of birth, full name and deliver to me and I did the registration of Roger, with your data, without him knowing, only to cause discord between Kate and Roger and see their friendship shaken. He managed to jot down all the document numbers and full name of Roger and handed it to me. He managed.

I smile victoriously. I hate Roger and I will do anything to stop their friendship. Kate will be just mine ...

To be continued.