[20] - Touch me and I'll never be alone

"Montalban," Napahinto naman ako sa paninigarilyo ko nang lumapit sa akin si Ezekiel

"Montalban," Napahinto naman ako sa paninigarilyo ko nang lumapit sa akin si Ezekiel. Itinapon ko naman iyong sigarilyo ko sa lupa at inapakan, "Why are you just staying here?" He was pertaining to why I wasn't with Mariz's family and just standing at the corner, smoking. Nasa isang memorial garden kasi kami at katatapos lang malibing ng Papa nina Mariz. Like what Ezekiel requested for me, I went to the funeral.

Their family was still at the father's grave, consoling each other. Ako naman ay lumayo muna para manigarilyo. I just need air to breathe. I need a break to think.

"Hindi ka lumapit sa 'min kanina," Ezekiel added. We all are wearing black clothes. As much as I want to give my condolences to Mariz and her family, I just hate funerals. Not just funerals, "Hinanap ka kasi 'kin ni Angelique. You need to go to them."

I took a deep breath. I didn't expect this would happen. I mean, maybe or someday, we're going to meet again, but damn it, "You didn't fucking tell me she was coming." I gritted my teeth, sounding pissed off at Ezekiel. Kumunot naman ang noo nito.

"Don't be a fucking idiot, of course she's gonna come," Ezekiel answered back like I just told him the stupidest sentence, "It's their father, talagang darating siya dito."

"Damn it," I still don't know what to react or what to do if I would see her again. Hindi ako binigyan ng briefing. Fuck, "What if she's still mad at me? This is a funeral, we'll cause a commotion if I'm going to go to them--"

"How fucking old is she?" Ezekiel interrupted me.

I shrugged, still pissed off and a little bit of anxious, "I don't know, maybe thirty-one."

"And how about you?"

I groaned when he's reminding me of my age again, "Forty."

"You both are fucking old now, Montalban. You're not a teenager and you didn't even fuck her as a teenager, you fucked her when you were even almost thirty - and now, you're having a cold feet?" Ezekiel said matter-of-factly while getting pissed off too.

"She's married." I snickered.

"And who's fault is it?" Napabuntong-hininga naman ako sa sinabi niya, "It's been years, Montalban. Go and give your condolences to them. Act mature and be civil. I don't know why did you even become a prominent lawyer."

"You're already even old enough to become a grandfather. Go and speak to them." Ezekiel added again in his usual business voice. Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako ulit.

"I'm really going to let that crazy Aunt Helga of yours to be out of jail," I told him madly as I started to walk towards the Ochua family.

"Then I'm going to put you back to jail again, Alonso," He answered back. Napalingon naman ako sa kanya muli. He was smirking at me like he won a game. I just shook my head. I don't know why did we become friends anyway.