[25] - Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay

[25] - Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay 

"A friend."

All of us got silent after I said those words. Napatingin naman ako kay Rose. I've noticed the tear falling down from her eye. She suddenly looked down. For that second, she looked guilty.

"I should probably go," I told Darius Harrison in a calm manner, "Enjoy your night, Mr. and Mrs. Harrison." I added, smiling tightly at them. Kaagad ko naman silang tinalikuran na dalawa at nagsimula nang maglakad papaalis sa restaurant.

I just clenched my fists as I threw the flowers harshly on the trashbin. Pumunta naman kaagad ako sa parking lot kung saan ko ipinark ang kotse ko.

Hindi ko alam. Parang sasabog ako sa mga emosyong nararamdaman ko sa mga oras na iyon. I felt like in any second right now, I'm going to go berserk.

Napahilot naman kaagad ako sa noo ko. I was trying to calm myself. I don't fucking now. I'm mad right now. I'm fucking mad right now. But how can I even be mad at her if in the first place, malabo na para sa aming dalawa ang lahat? She's already married.

This is all my fault. If I could have just told her what she meant to me before.

If only I could have told her that I love her so much eleven years ago.

"Edward Vinn."

Napatigil naman ako at napalingon sa likod ko. It was Rose. She was standing right in front of me, just a few meters away.

"So, you didn't tell me he was already here." I started, sounding pissed off. I'm really frustrated right now. Ramdam na ramdam ko ring parang pinipiga ang puso ko dahil sa nangyayari sa amin ngayon.

Napansin ko naman ang pagtulo ng mga luha niya. I've always hated myself for making her cry before. I don't want to see her crying. Seeing her crying hurts me a lot but right now, I don't know.

I don't know what to feel.

"Hindi ko alam na ngayon siya darating," She explained to me, her voice breaking, "Hindi ko alam na pupunta siya ng Pilipinas. I didn't expect this too." She cried as she was explaining to me. Huminga naman ako ng malalim at nilapitan siya.

I cupped her cheeks with my trembling hands, wiping off her tears from her eyes, "What we have right now is real, right? Tell me, Rose. This is real, right?" I asked her, our faces near each other.

Sa mga oras na iyon ay alam kong tutulo na rin ang mga luha ko. I didn't know loving her will hurt so much. I didn't know love will hurt you so much until everything in you will be destroyed.

Napapikit naman siya sa sinabi ko at tumango.

"Then you're going to break up with him. You're going to file an annulment or divorce." I told her straightly as I stared at her watery eyes, "Right, Rose?" I added as we continued staring into each other's eyes.

Hindi naman siya nakapagsalita matapos ang sinabi ko. She just closed her eyes and looked down as her tears continued to flow from her cheeks.

"You would, right?" I repeated as I made her look at me. From that, I've noticed the guilt on her eyes again.

"I'm sorry." She suddenly said to me. Napaatras naman ako sa ginawa niya. I was shocked. I don't know what to react. For a second, I don't know what to say.

On that time, I felt that I was finally defeated.

I felt like I finally lost her.