Chapter 49

Chapter 49. Confusion

__________

RAZE'S POV

"This doesn't make sense," I murmured. I continued to scan the documents in my hands. This is defenitely out of context.

I lift my face to check the clock hanging in the corner of my office. I only have two hours left before our date. Managing the society and your own life is really hard. That's why I badly want to dethrone, and let somebody else handle the position. I'm not getting any younger, I need to get married again.

"She's already dead." I continued to murmur around the corner. She died along with the Gangster Rippers, that was September 9, 2014. How come she was seen entering a hospital back in October 29, 2014?

If she's alive, how come I can't even find a single trace about her and her whereabouts? That's odd. I don't even know who the hell gave me this envelop. The guard told me someone handed it for me. There's no name on it, nor any clues where this piece of information came from.

The thing is, I got hooked up. The sender probably wanted me to know something. Does it mean she's alive?

I tilt my head as I look at the picture carefully. It looks really old and preserved for a long time. If my vision was clear enough, she entered St. Willam's Private Hospital. I shrugged, it's not a bad idea to check it. I believe there are no such thing as secrets in the world. All secrets are bound to be told. If she's dead, so be it. If she's alive, that's another case.

My thoughts were cut off when my phone rang, I immidiately answered it.

"Yes darling?" I heard her giggled. I smiled, she's such a sweetheart.

"I miss you already," she said softly. I fold the documents in my table, and stood up.

"I miss you too. Where are you? Is it about time to talk to the kids?" I replied. Those kids have a lot of explainings to do. They fooled us.

"N-no. No need to talk to them, that's a false alarm. They're in a relationship." I tilt my head as I went outside my office. Okay?

"So where are you?"

"Pillowtalk Café, I found a suitable wedding planner." I laugh. I put my hands on my pocket and push the elevator's button.

"Excited aren't we?" I teased. I heard her giggled for the second time.

"Hindi ako makapaghintay na maikasal sa'yo. You know how much I love you Raze." She replied lovingly.

"I know, I love you too. See you in the Café darling." I ended the call and smiled. I wish she's the woman I'll get old with. The woman I'll love for the last time.

TEN'S POV

"Y-you are a Mafia Boss?" Shock was written all over my face. I didn't expect that coming!

"Yes, that's the reason why I need to hide you." Napakunot ang noo ko. That's the reason why he needs to hide me? Is he fvcking kidding me?

"Don't give me that look. Let me finish first," tumango na lang ako.

"Ikaw ang susunod na hahali sa pwesto ko kaya kailangan kitang itago. They will do everything to took my place, and that includes you. Ayaw kong mapahamak ka kaya inilayo kita sa poder ko. Hindi ako nagpakita sa'yo dahil alam kong maraming mata ang nakamasid sa bawat galaw ko. Naiintindihan mo ba ako?" Natahimik ako ng ilang segundo. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang isasagot ko.