Sebastian Vettel - 'Well... I lied'

FP2 – Mexico GP – October 2017

Sebastian got out of the car and took his helmet off but kept his balaclava on. You were relieved to see him uninjured. The extinguisher had burst during the session and had run down your boyfriend. You looked at him from where you stood and bit you lower lip, worried that he might be angry and disappointed. You watched him touching his butt through his race suit and trying to get a look at the white stain on it.

You took a step forward and froze. You wanted to go to him but he might not be happy to see you because he and you had a fight this morning. Again. You sighed, took the headset off and put it down.

You slowly made your way to the man you loved whilst he was leaning against the wall with his right shoulder. You waited for the camera to go to Kimi's garage before circling your boyfriend's waist with your arms. You felt him tensing but tried your best to ignore it. You leaned your forehead against his back and inhaled his scent. You were never tired of it even though this time he smelled a bit weird because of the liquid on his suit.

You heard him sigh and cuddled up to him.

Sebastian could feel your belly against his back. You were 8-month pregnant, so your belly was surely not flat.

'Hey,' you whispered in his back.

'Hi,' your boyfriend replied softly.

'You're alright?' you asked.

'Yeah... Felt a bit hot in there,' he chuckled.

You smiled because it felt good to hear this sound after minutes of shouting earlier this morning.

'Yes, we heard that. And now everybody has seen a close-up of your butt and has checked you out. I'm jealous,' you said while tightening your arms around him.

Sebastian did not move or smile at your words. You thought that joking with him would help to relax but you clearly were wrong.

You knew you had to let go of him and to leave him alone, but you could not. Recently, you had been feeling lonely and could not take it anymore. The truth was that you had been alone during one of the hardest moments of your life and had hidden it from your boyfriend.

It happened a year and half ago.

You were pregnant with your first child and Sebastian and you were very happy. As it was still early, you had only told few people about your pregnancy, but your parents and very close friends knew about it.

Sebastian was away to do some testing that week and you were alone in your flat that you both shared. It was very late at night and you were having a glass of water when the pain began. You let go of the glass that shattered on the floor and fell to your knees holding your belly tightly. The pain was unbearable, and you could hardly breath. When you saw the blood sliding along your legs, you panicked and called for help.

A neighbour called an ambulance and you were carried to the hospital. Between waves of pain, you tried to call Sebastian and your parents but neither answered because it was the middle of the night. You also called Britta but she was probably sleeping too.

You would have to live through this all by yourself. You knew what was happening but you did not want to believe it. You grasped the doctor's hand when you arrived at the hospital and begged: 'Please, save my baby'. You felt stupid because the tiny thing inside your belly was not even a baby yet, but you still cared for it very much.

You could feel hot tears on your cheeks as you were carried to a room. A nurse asked you if she could call someone for you. You thought of one last person that could be here with you, so you gave the name and the number.