Charles Leclerc - Hidden feelings

A/N: Hi everyone! This is for Hufflepuff_f1 (: I'm so sorry for the delay. I hope you'll like it! It's been a year since I've published something. I'll try to catch up with the requests! (: (1632 words)

British Grand Prix - Silverstone

In a hotel room, you were looking at yourself in the mirror waiting for the hair iron to heat up. You did not apply any makeup except. Once the hair iron was ready, you curled a few locks of hair and turned the iron off. You came out and joined Charles, who was watching TV from the couch.

You sat down next to him as you were a little early. Lando would only be here in about ten minutes. Friday morning, he had asked if you wanted to spend time with him. You had met him a few times on and off the paddock and he had been really nice to you. As it was your first time in Great Britain, Lando knew there was some places you might like to see in the area.

Charles turned the TV off. You have been friends with Charles for a few years. It had been the fourth time he had asked you to come with him. Usually, he would invite other friends with you but not this time.

'Going somewhere?' he asked, lifting his eyebrows.

'I'm going out with Lando,' you replied with a smile.

'Lando?'

'Yes, Lando. Mclaren driver. Does it ring a bell?' you joked.

Charles cocked his head and blinked. You were going out with a boy. He knew Lando might be interested in you but did not expect him to make a move so quickly. There was something pinching his chest. That feeling again, Charles thought. It won't go away.

'Why would you go with him?' he asked, coldly. He could not help himself. He was jealous. Again.

You did not seem to notice the change of atmosphere right away and answered:

'Why not? He's nice and so funny!' you answered with a laugh.

Even though Charles knew Lando was actually funny, he snorted and rolled his eyes.

'Yeah, right,' he added.

'You should learn a few jokes from him,' you said, nudging him with your shoulder.

'You're hilarious, Y/N.'

'I'm kidding! You know how much I love when you're a clown! Remember that time when you dressed like a banana and played video games?'

Suddenly, you heard you phone chiming. You quickly grabbed it from your bag and tapped an answer. You turned to Charles to let him know you would be on your way but he was already speaking.

'Whatever. Be careful,' he said and left for his own room.

-----------

When Charles reached his own room, he slapped the door shut. He winced and went to the couch. He had not been very nice and knew it.

'She's my friend, just my friend. Nothing more,' he said aloud, trying to convince himself.

He groaned, grabbed a pillow from the couch and screamed into it.

He had realised some time ago that he did not want to be just your friend. He started to feel jealous when you were telling him about other boys or when you became too friendly with one. Usually, he was not the jealous type. God, he hated himself for acting like that.

Besides, you had your heart broken multiple times and he hated to see you hurt like that. Yet, you were that incurable romantic and were still giving everything in a relationship.