Esteban Ocon - 'What about us?'

A/N: Two one shots in a day! Whaaaat? haha. This is for @Noreyagi (: I really hope you enjoy this one! This is quite long (2600 words) oops...

/!\ TRIGGER WARNING /!\ Mention of a car accident.

Esteban Ocon – 'What about us?'

Oh crap. This was... unexpected. No wonder you had felt dizzy, bloated and sick for two weeks straight. You were so tired this whole time and always wanted to sleep at any time of the day.

A year ago, you had graduated from college and had been lucky to find a job so quickly.

Your hands shook, holding the pregnancy test. There was no mistake. You were pregnant. However, your heart fluttered a bit as your thoughts turned to Esteban. He would help you. You would both be okay and this tiny thing in your belly as well... At least, you hoped.

You spent a few more minutes in the bathroom before opening the door and walking into the main room of the flat you and Esteban shared. You looked at your boyfriend who was sitting on the couch. You smiled, thinking about the way you two had met.

That was two years ago and you both were at a party for New Year's Eve. Surprisingly, Esteban had spotted you as soon as you had entered the house of your shared friend, but he could not bring himself to talk to you.

Of course, you had heard that a famous F1 driver would be at the party even though you did not know what he looked like. More than once, he tried to talk to you but failed. You were intrigued. There was a quite handsome guy that would look at you but turn away as soon as your eyes would meet.

Back in the present, you rolled your eyes with a smirk on your face. You stepped towards the couch where Esteban was playing video games. You slowly sat next to him and waited as you did not want to disturb him. He kept playing but threw a glance at you and asked:

'Um? What is it, love?'

Your lips remained sealed. You were so afraid something might go wrong so you remained silent. Eventually, Esteban's character died which made him curse in French. This is it, I have to tell him, you thought.

He shook his head to the TV and turned to you with a gentle smile, stroking your knee.

Suddenly, you opened your mouth and blurted:

'I-I'm pregnant.'

You wanted to look away but wanted to see his reaction. You saw confusion on his face. A few seconds later, all confusion left Esteban's face. He was pinching his lips together while glancing at your belly. He was white as a sheet.

He did not utter a single word. Your shoulders sagged, and you looked down at your hands on your knees. This was not your fault. You knew it was not, so you had not reason to feel ashamed. You eventually found the strength to look up and mumbled:

'Well, I didn't expect you to jump for joy but..., could you at least say something?'

'I-I... don't know what to say, this... this is so...' he answered.

'Unexpected, yeah I know.'

Esteban rubbed the back of his neck and heaved a sigh. It was too soon, way too soon. You were still so young. They did not even have time for a dog, but a baby?!

'How did it happen? You're on pill, right?' he asked, suddenly standing up.

'I am but there's always a slight chance.'

'Great... Now it's on us,' he hissed.

He was now pacing back and forth in the living room. You were glued to the couch.