Chapter 12- Marcus

Welcome Back! If you haven't already follow me on here for updates on when the next chapter will be posted. I am currently working on a new story, that you can go ahead and add to your reading list, but I will not be posting the first chapter until this story has at least 2,000 reads. So vote and share with as many people as you can, and don't forget to leave feedback. I love reading the comments (it helps me write better), I want to think everyone who has voted and left a comment or two, it means a lot to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only sounds in the library were the soft clicking of Mrs. Hanson's nail hitting the keys on her keyboard. A little eerie, but also sort of peaceful.

I had to do some research for a paper for English, and I didn't sleep very well last night, so I figured I would just come to school early. Now I just roamed the aisles looking through the thousands of books and magazines in East Chapel's expansive library.

This has always been my favorite part of the school, I love how the lemon floor cleaner mixed with the smell of worn paper. I can't explain it, it's something so unique—it just smells like library.

It's something relaxing about knowing I'm the only one in here, maybe even the only one in the school. Sam won't be here for another hour, and I'd be surprised if Nick even got here on the time. I wonder when Nia is going to be here. Jefferson Heights is far, about thirty minutes, and that's with no traffic. Rush hour is brutal around this time, I hope she can get here on time.

I was walking through the aisles on the second floor of the library when I heard a muffled curse and the sound of books falling from the shelves.

Quietly, I peeked around the bookshelf to see who it was. Kneeling on the floor, Nia picked up a few books that had fallen off the shelf. A headband held her hair back, a soft gloss coated her soft pout.

Without thinking, I rushed over to help her. Her head snapped up, when I knelt in front of her. Her eyes widened. "Marcus! What are you doing here, so early, I mean? I thought I was the only one here."

"I couldn't sleep, and I had a paper to work on, so I figured why not get a head start and come to school early," I explained. "What about you? I thought I was alone too."

"Oh, I live across town, so to beat traffic I have to get here early," she explained, as we stood. "I didn't realize no one else was going to be here."

Duh, of course she would be here early, Marcus. "You drove?" I asked. She didn't drive yesterday, she got in the car with those girls.

"No, I don't have a car, yet. My best friend drives me to school," said Nia.

"Oh," I nodded. "I think I saw them in the parking lot yesterday."

"They're kind of hard to miss," she laughed. "It's the no uniform thing." And the pretty girl thing. Nobody can miss two pretty girls sitting on top of a beat-up car, it's kind of hot in a backwards way.

"I'm jealous," I admitted. "I wish I didn't have to wear a uniform."

"Really?" she asked in disbelief. "I like the uniform." Figures, she looks adorable in it. I, on the other hand, look like I should be going door to door trying to sell magazines. The uniform fits fine, every East Chapel Academy uniform is custom made, I just hate it. The best part of my day is when I take this stupid thing off.

"I've never not had to wear a uniform," I said, as I leaned against the book case. It's so constricting, and boring. What I would do to be able to wear jeans to school, or shorts, anything besides these damn dress pants, really.