Ten

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Harry's the first to wake up the following morning and he can't help but stare down at Accalia. He's in awe of her beauty. In her sleeping state, he can see just how at ease she is; she's not frowning as much as she has in the days since Miles' death. It's like all of the responsibilities that have been forced upon her have been lifted because she's asleep. She doesn't have to think about what happens to Miles or Judith. Not to mention that she doesn't have to think about how she'll be forced to marry someone she doesn't love.

He can't help but feel a rush of jealousy as he remembers seeing Atticus and Accalia together. He hates that he'll probably never be able to marry Accalia, but what he feels a little misplaced. Accalia has no choice but to be with Atticus, whereas he had a choice when he deliberately made it look like he was messing around with her maid. He had done it out of spite; he wanted to hurt Accalia because she had left him after her said he loved her.

Harry hadn't actually touched Thiora and never would, and he told Accalia this last night. He's actually revolted by the maid, not because she was ugly, but because she didn't take 'no' for an answer. She's been trying to get him to touch her, or even lay with her, but he's refused each time. He only wants to be with Accalia, but he wanted to hurt her before he tried making up with her. He knows how bad this is, and how it doesn't make him a great person, and he can only hope that she's truly forgiven him.

Sighing quietly, Harry turns his attention back to Accalia; his eyes scan the marks he made on her skin. The small bruises are scattered all over her neck and chest and he can't help but smile as he remembers everything they did last night. They had sex for hours, it was like they were making up for lost time. He had never felt so strongly for another person, and he knows for a fact that his feelings for her have grown even stronger.

A surge of emotions eventually overcome him and he finds himself leaning down and placing soft kisses along her cheeks and neck. He wants to shower her with love; he's done with all of the backstabbing that they've been doing. Accalia doesn't deserve to have her heart broken anymore, and Harry wants to protect her as much as he possibly can.

"Harry," Accalia groans as she slowly wakes up. He's still kissing every inch of her skin that he can and she groans again as his curls lightly tickle her.

"Morning, Darling," Harry says, finally pulling away from her skin. "I'm sorry for waking you, I just couldn't take it any longer," he adds in a somewhat sheepish voice.

"It's alright," she yawns as she stretches her limbs out. "Gods, my body is sore," she adds, wincing as her whole body hurts.

"Let's take a bath then," Harry proposes. "I'll draw up some hot water and we can relax in the warm water."

"Seems as if you're trying to come up with an excuse to see me naked yet again," Accalia smiles as she slowly sits up. Harry chuckles quietly and lightly kisses her forehead before going into the room where the ornate bathtub is. A few minutes later, he's managed to heat enough water.