Alternate Chapter One

a/n: here is the first alternate chapter. Since this is not cannon, there will be differences in details and maybe some scenarios. It really depends. Just know that whatever happens below is just what *could* have been the actual ending of 'The Harlequin' if I hadn't been in a sadistic mood at the time of writing this story.

I also should say this now, but there will not be any smut in this chapter. I tried to fit it in, but it didn't fit with what I had planned. I hope you enjoy this first alternate chapter anyways!

Ps. This is mostly edited.

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

Accalia can't help but smile as she walks through her home. She'll be leaving soon. She's going to leave these walls where she had been tormented for all her life. The feeling is liberating. She's going to be free for the first time in her life, she'll be able to make her own decisions; she's going to happy. The walls of the house she now walks holds memories, most of them were bad, but some were good.

It was within these walls that her brother touched her, raped her, and continued to haunt her for years after his death. It was within these walls that her mother and father neglected her and forced her to bear a child she never wanted in secret, only to watch it be raised by someone else. It was within these walls that her son died and she had to act like she hadn't lost her whole world. It was within these walls that suitor after suitor tried to seduce her, where men touched her against her will.

It was within these walls however, that Judith took care of her, bathed her, loved her. It was within these walls that she met Atticus, the first suitor sent by her parents that she liked, even if she never intended to marry him. Most importantly though, it was within these walls that she met Harry, the harlequin that managed to steal her heart without really doing much. Despite the good memories that she has within these walls, she's glad to leave them behind.

"And what's gotten you all chipper today?" a feminine voice asks, pulling Accalia away from her thoughts. She's filled with a sense of annoyance, but she forces herself to remain calm.

"I am to be married, Thiora," Accalia says, smiling sardonically. "I have finally accepted Atticus' hand, and I am finally going to be freed if this place."

"Oh really?" Thiora says, raising her eyebrow as she looks at the girl she detests so much. "I haven't heard of this," she continues, in a tone that clearly tells Accalia that she doesn't believe her.