Kenpachi x Reader

A/N: KENPACHI WINS! Also guys, I'm finally revealing the name of my Zanpakuto! Read the note at the bottom for a surprise!

Today was a training day for Squad 11. Everyone was fighting everyone, each battle more gruesome than the last. You huffed in annoyance at your opponent, staring him down and trying to find an opening.

"Is this the extent of your abilities, (Y/N)? I believe you can do so much better than this." Yumichika grinned while you fumed in anger.

"Of course not, I can continue on for a while. I'm just getting started, pretty boy." You lunged at him with your zanpakuto, and his caught yours in between one of his blades. "Tsk tsk, I'm not seeing any improvement."

You close your eyes. 'Focus, (Y/N).' Then, you hear a voice.

'(Y/N), do you wish to become stronger?'

You gasp. 'What is this voice, has the time finally...?'

'Do you wish to know my name, master?'

Your face hardened with determination. 'Tell me your name!'

'Oh, but master. You've had it inside you all along. All the times you've battled, the times you've lost, and the ones you've won. Now, say my name!'

"Impale! Dansei no hogo-sha!"
You opened your eyes and a beautiful light radiated around you. You looked in awe at your zanpakuto. It was so amazing. The blade was long and sleek, and the hilt was a wonderful shade of red. Ribbons were tied where your grip was, flowing in the wind. You smiled.

'Now master, finish this battle.'

You flash stepped behind Yumichika and your swords collided, sending him flying and he hit his back to a building, collapsing on the ground. You fell to your knee. It was finished. You had won. There was complete silence around you, everyone in shock that you had experienced shikai in front of them.

Yumichika got up, and chuckled despite his pain. "Your Zanpakuto 's beautiful. It could almost be compared to that of Sode no Shirayuki. Congratulations, (Y/N)."

Silence was over as the entirety of Squad 11 cheered, until one by one everyone looked behind you. Curious, you turned around and your Captain stand behind you with Yachiru on his back.

You beam up at him, a smile so bright he couldn't help but smile too. You would finally be able to battle him!

"(Y/N), it seems you finally know the name of your Zanpakuto. How interesting. Fight me!" He grabbed his sword, only to see you fall before him.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

You awoke in Squad 4's barracks, covered in bandages, with a distraught Zaraki sitting next to you. "Captain?" "How could you faint like that? We were about to battle!"

Ahh, so that's what he was upset about. You frowned. Not the fact that your laying in a bed with a lot of injuries. How reassuring.

It's like this, you've had feelings for your brute of a captain ever since you joined Squad 11. When you first saw him, he looked so strong, and he towered over you in height. He was so determined to find strong people within the new recruits to fight. He loved a good battle, and still does. Everyone else was too chicken to fight him given his reputation, but you weren't scared. You stepped up to him with your Zanpakuto raised and gave him your name.

*Flashback*

'Cowards, the lot of them. Yeah, he's probably one of the strongest Captains in history, but how do they expect to get any stronger without battling those who are stronger than them?'