Its in the air part 1

She looks content sitting there all alone like she always did. Food untouched still as pretty as the chef had plated it, she rather sip on the mimosa she had ordered. "You know staring at her just makes this conversation that much worse" chubby informed me bringing me back to reality. As her fork tore into the salmon the golden aura around her was ripped apart as well. "It's not like she notices anything anyways" I reminded him , she ignored the waiter sliding on a lemon and twisting his ankle a few months earlier. She had ignored the rather rambunctious puppies that insisted on playing around her table last week. Anyone else would have pitched a fit to the owner , but she just sat and read her book. But lastly she ignored me staring at her for the past six months. I doubt she even noticed honestly , and that intrigued me even more I wondered what her pretty little mind could be focused on seeing as she almost never had a phone in her hand. She must of had a lot to think about at least more than usual today considering she ordered alcohol. She never did that. "She's pretty and always alone. Man you know that's a red flag that she crazy and not worth the crazy" chubby pointed out. Of course I had taken note of this a while ago but shit maybe I'm the crazy one for willing to take the bait.
"Can't be crazier than kayla" I shrugged and we laughed at he memory at the the tall dark blonde haired beauty wiping the snack table clean on New Years. "She's drinking, maybe I can shoot my shot while she's drunk" I sighed before downing the rest of my vodka soda. "Wish me luck" I said fixing my suit and leaving my money on the table. At least if rejection came it would come quick because I had a big meeting after this hence the light lunch.

"You're Aubrey Graham and this ain't the first girl you've talked to" I reminded myself. My drink tasted bitter in my mouth as I got closer, maybe if I just walked right past her I could forget about this bogus idea. "Hello" I blurted out sitting down in front of her, her big brown eyes stared back at me in confusion, she looked mortified. Shit. "Um I'm drake may I speak with you for a minute?" I asked , she nodded timidly before setting her fork down giving me her undivided attention. I wiped my palm on my knees and looked down at her food to focus my mind on something.

She sat attentively waiting for me to say something "what's your name?" i asked first. I had wondered before but I now had a newfound hunger for information. She was right in front of me up close filled with the answers to all my questions. "Everyone calls me Nicki." She said to me, her voice was soft and angelic. Like she didn't want to disturb the air when she spoke , I laughed because that was exactly as I had imagined it. She raised a brown at my reaction "no it's a pretty name , I'm not laughing at you just at myself" I assured her. "Oh" she said in understand meant she was so tense and I didn't have enough time to sweet talk her like I had thought of for months. "Um I have a meeting so I can't um stay long but I just wanted to ask if you'd like to go out to dinner some time" I rambled. I was supposed to ask for her number not a whole fucking date and freak her out. "You want to have dinner with me ?" She asked tucking her wavy black hair behind her ears. "If you'd like to..." I trailed off hoping she would let me know I didn't totally bury myself.
"Um okay, that should be fine" she replied breaking eye contact.

"Wait are you serious?" I asked completely dumbfounded. "Yes why? Were you just playing some joke on m-"

"No no I would never I just...I never imagined you saying yes" I admitted. "I never thought that that's all you wanted to ask me. I thought I just looked funny and that's why you stare at me all the time" she said to me. I stared in disbelief, all this time she had noticed me after all. "No you're just very beautiful" I whispered back accidentally, at some point she must have labeled me a stalker in her head. "Oh" she replied a pink tint forming on her cheeks , nice to know I wasn't in this alone. "Um here's my number" I told her writing it down on a napkin I put it in her hand squeezing her palm over it. "Call me about that date" I said to her standing up, she nodded putting the number into her purse. "Um bye drake" she said to me as I stood up "bye beautiful" I said buttoning my blazer and walking to the exit.

"Well?" Chubs asked me as I got into the drivers seat. "She said yes." I told him in disbelief "and she knew I had been staring at her the whole time." I said still a little shocked.