Prologue

I'm really very sorry, but some chapters printed twice and I can't figure out how to fix it... Just be patient. Enjoy the story!

"Looks like another mutation," the alien man groans as I make my way through the line of my brothers. We're being fitted in our cadet uniforms. "A girl clone. Thought that wasn't possible."

"CT-7897, come here," the Jedi woman commands.

"Yes, mistress," I answer, giving my best salute.

"You will address all jedi generals as 'sir', CT-7897," the man spits. "And you call that a salute?"

"Relax, Bric," the jedi tells the man. "She has not been to any lessons thus far. How can she know what you've yet to teach her?" The woman faces me. "CT-7897, what have you to say for this mutation? Are you still capable of becoming a soldier?"

The man, Bric, snorts. "Hardly, Master Ti," he laughs. "Just look at her. She's smaller and weaker than all the others. She's best off in maitenance and cleaning with 99."

"With all due respect," I say quietly, "I believe I am more than capable of becoming a soldier alongside my brothers. Give me a chance, sirs. Let me prove myself."

"Very well," the jedi smiles. "CT-7897, you will be a part of the Zulu Squadron. Go and be fitted, then join your brothers in the barracks."

Smiling slightly, I return to the line and dress in the orange and blue outfit of a clone cadet. Once I arrive in the barracks, I find the bunks marked Zulu. The boys in my squadron all look roughly the same. Even their eyes, unlike mine, are all the same. Brown, while mine are a light purple.

My squadron consists of myself, CT-2371, CT-5362, CT-7790, and CT-0412.

"Welcome to Zulu Squadron, CT-7897," I'm greeted. "The top bunk is your's. If you can reach it."

The boys snicker, but I just sigh at the snide remark. This won't be easy, but I will never stop working for their respect.

"How did we end up with the mutation?" CT-0412 asks rhetorically. But I have to say something.

"Cause our brothers didn't deserve me," I state. "Consider yourself lucky."

Little did I know, Lucky was the perfect name for my brother who managed to narrowly avoid being shot every training session.