Chapter 2

Clark
***
The Forming of Friendships, Enemies, and Love- Part 1

Here I am standing at the side of the road shouting like a psychopath. James pulled me out of my house again to see a trick he is going to do, and I agreed since I would do something stupid right now since life is boring. I was excited until I learned that James' trick is to slide across the hood of a car that is moving. I mean pretty much anyone would stop him from doing something stupid that will lead to his death.

"If you die, I swear I will kill you" I said and we both know what I said didn't make sense at all.
He ignored me and he rubbed his hands together waiting for a car to pass. I am actually panicking, I am already imagine his parents killing me right now if he dies, it does not look good.

I saw a car coming already and I kept looking tothe car and James' ready game face.

"Don't do it!" I shouted wide eyed

"I am so gonna do it.'

"Don't do it."

"Doing it."

He then runs, but I ran too. tackling him to the ground and the car stops and a middle-aged woman got out of the car with a worried face. She won't wear that worried face if she realizes we were doing a 'trick' and this is not a saving from an accident thing.

"Oh my God are you guys ok?" The woman said worriedly and me and James looked at each other and we both stood up.

"Yup, we are okay thanks." James said and I almost rolled my eyes at him. James and the Woman started talking and I acted like I am a part of it but I am really not paying attention. Shortly she points at her car or she rather pointed at the girl inside the car, James smiled and I smiled as well.

The girl was wearing a hoodie but I can see that she was a brunnete with highlights of blonde in her hair.

Then James and The woman (who said her name is Alice Singine) resumed talking.

My mind flew back when my Mom told me yesterday we would be leaving for New York next year so we can live with my mom's new boyfriend (my stepfather), I tried to argue since this where I feel like I'm in home and my friends and best friend is here. I spent too much time here, I can't leave.

"Right Clark?"

I snapped out of my mind and just nodded at whatever I am agreeing to. I swear if I just agreed to jump in front of a car I would rather kill myself already with a knife.

"Great!" The woman said too jolly if you ask me. She walks back to her car and James followed after before I stopped him dead in his tracks.

"What did I agreed to again awhile ago?" I asked sounding stupid, James groaned and looked at me plainly. I threw my hands up like surrendering or rather a gesture of sorry-i-was-busy-and-i-wasnt-listening-to-what-you-guys-are-talking-about.

"We are going to help Mrs. Singine find their street, don't worry it's not that far." James said and he resumed walking, and so I followed. We climbed at the back seat and James is on the middle and Anna is seating on his left.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to help us" Mrs. Singine said like she would die if she didn't end up meeting us.

"It's no problem." James said too enthusiastic if you ask me but eh.