Chapter 7

Anna
***
The Forming of Friendships, Enemies, and Love- Part 4

I am in my bed with my laptop in front of me and it is open in front of me i its home menu and I haven't done anything with it yet since I opened it.

It's Friday in October or in other words it is a month after I saw the marvelous painting in Clark's house. I don't know why but the painting is so nice and abstract, colorful, and I could give it a lot of meanings. I tried to find the artist who painted by trying to look at a name at the bottom but it only has a signature and it isn't that clear.

I know this might sound random but I once loved painting when I was at 5th Grade and I actually did well in painting. I stopped because, well on 6th Grade I developed an interest in gymnastics and in 7th Grade there is a pep squad and so I joined it, even though it is actually not that stable and I never got to perform on events since I am still on middle school. But I still got a lot of attention from other students and they were nice to me, even the mena girls. On 8th Grade I mostly hung out with girls who are older than me and is in the pep squad, after school.

Now in 9th Grade or Freshman year I need to start building a new image again, and I am actually not that interested in joining the pep squad but I might though.

Going back to the painting I saw, it actually made me want to try painting again, I don't know why but something about it clicked something on me.

So I got an idea. I stood up from my bed and walk to my door, "Mom do I still have my painting materials?" I shouted.

"No, I threw it away , it was already so old honey!" She shouted back from down stairs, and I pursed my lips thinking. I have decided now.

***
So I decided to actually buy my painting materials again using half of my savings, so right now I am in a store that sells drawing and painting stuffs. I have already been here for half an hour and I am actually still examining. I am still picking stuff that would go well with my budget but then I saw James and Clark.

James
***

Ok, the dates Anna and I had was actually good I had fun and she looked like she had fun also, her smile was so wide when we were hanging out. Anyways now I am here at store full of painting materials with Clark since I really needed to make it up to him. And also he seems down right now. He's been staring at a shelf of paint brushes for 5 minutes straight.

I put my hand on his shoulder and he turns to me, "What's up?" He said.

I frowned at him, "What's wrong ? You seem down lately, yeah?"

He sighs, "I'm fine, just not feeling well."

I put away my hand from his shoulder and nodded. I didn't want to push him to answer what's really wrong, cause I know there is something wrong.

"Hey James!"

Someone called my name and I turned to look and saw Anna smiling and waving at me, I smiled back.

I opened my arms and she hugged me, I hugged back. Her hair smells like strawberries.

She lets go, "What you guys doing here?"

Clark snorts, "This is a store full of painting materials, it's not like were going to buy food here, yeah?"

Clark turns to his back and grabs a paint brush and heads for the counter. I looked at Anna and she shrugs at me and I shrugged back.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked and she grinned at me.

"Same with Clark's response." She said and she walked towards the Canvas aisle and I followed her.

When I took a peek at the counter Clark has already left. Maybe I will talk to him later.

Anna is crouched down and she looked like she is deciding what size of canvas she would choose. She chose the small one.

I am actually going to ask her to be my girlfriend on a grand gesture but after the dates Anna and I had I learned she really isn't a big fan of grand gestures, on one of our dates (we were watching a romance movie) she said, "Ok, I actually hate grand gestures for asking someone to be your girlfriend, I mean i feel bad for the guy, who knows how much he spent for those stuff he bought."

"Really now?" I said and she looks at me grinning.

"I just gave you an idea to get me, yeah?" She said and I smiled and shrugged.

So yeah, I decided I am going to ask her to be my girlfriend now.

We were in line for the check out counter when I get down on one knee and she looked at me and her eyes widened.

"Ms. Anna Singe, it has been a long time and its safe to say I decided you will make me happy with my life. Will you be my girlfriend?" I said and she pursed her lips containing a smile then she nods her head fast and I shouted and hugged her and carried her.

The people started smiling at us or some looking mad at us (probably bitter). I have a feeling this coming months I will have the best life ever.

I though about Clark and how he might get mad because I didn't tell him my unexpected gesture, but that's the point "unexpected". I will worry about it next time.