Chapter 8

Anna
***
Broken Friendships and Love Part 1

Ok, so it has been two weeks and Clark is actually not talking to James. Apparently they had a big fight about something (And it is not about James and I getting together. James assured me it wasn't.). They haven't been talking to each other for days and I kind of feel guilty, because I feel like it's my fault why they are not talking to each other. I'm starting to hate Clark, his attitude is just plain annoying and come on he started playing tricks on us, I mean it's not directly him doing the tricks but Josh and Dave instead, but he is practically cackling when Josh "accidentally" spill a bucket of water on James and I.

Well, we got them back anyway. James and I "accidentally" spill a tray of food on their shirt (it was spaghetti sauce). The looks on their faces when we did that was remarkable, especially Clark's face. He looked like he will bite us both.

Don't tell me I'm immature for not confronting him first because I did. Last week. James was in the library because he needed to borrow something and I decided to wait for him. I saw Clark in the hallway and I decided to talk to him.

"Hey Clark!" I called out to him and he turned his head to my direction and It was hard not to see him roll his eyes and turned to walk away. That didn't stop me though I ran up to him and pulled him lightly by his right shoulder.

He turns to face me and I just noticed now he is way taller than me.

"What!?" Clark said looking me straight in the eyes. His face is all twisted like I already annoyed the shit out of him. I stepped back a little and refused to take off my small smile.

"It's just...James has been a little bit down when you guys fought. I mean I know you think that since James and I are together now, you think I will get in the way of your bro-"

"Bro time!?" He hissed and I stepped back once more and he shakes his head and glared at me.

"Back off will you!?" He said and suddenly I can contain it anymore.

I stepped forward looking up to his eyes since he is taller than me.

"Back off?" I whispered, "Back off!? What the fuck?! I am trying to solve the problem here and you are being immature!" I hissed. I pushed him a lightly with my hand.

He growled before turning then leaving.

I tried to talk him, but he always chooses not to listen. I kept trying and trying and his responses are either ignoring me, talking back, or insulting me or James.

I kept trying until I gave up and a year later the fights started. James isn't friends with him anymore, we are now in 10th Grade and Clark started acting quiet and annoying the shit out of James like his life depended on it.

Clark
***

Ok, let me explain why I am still here when were suppose to be moving. Well last year Mom decided to leave when I graduate already, so when I am in college it will be easy finding a school and moving (honestly don't understand my Mother's logic.)

But everything has changed since last year, I broke up with my girlfriend already, I don't really hang out with James anymore instead I make sure I annoy the shit out of him.

Now, why do I annoy him you ask? Well we talked last year and he told me about him and Anna and I didn't react badly to it, but then he thought I was kind of mad (which I was) and he started ranting, "You are so fucking selfish Clark! What the hell!? Did you honestly expect me to be following your tail around forever like a fucking slave!? He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Following my tail!? God, James! Are you actually saying being my friend is like being a slave!?" I shouted throwing my hands in the air. James shook his head at me and paced around the room while I sit at the edge of my bed. Then he stopped pacing and turned to me.

"Yes. Being your friend is like being a slave. You don't notice it but I can, you are such a selfish person Clark. Just like your father-"

I charged at him and punched him once on the side of his face and he tumbled to the floor holding his cheek and checking if there's blood. He glared at me and stood up, I grinned at him then he threw a punch and it landed on my cheek, I tumbled backwards. I tasted blood on my mouth, I touched my cheek and it feels swollen. We stood there glaring at each other before charging at each other and trying beat the shit out of each other. It only stopped when I pushed him off me and stood up. He stayed on the floor glaring at me, I looked at him for a second before leaving.

Anna tried to talk to me but I ignored her and I think she already hates me like full on hate.

So yeah thats what happened last year and how James and I, after years of friendship, suddenly became enemies.

It is now lunchtime and I am with Josh and Dave and suddenly I saw James with his new friend group. Fiona (the girly girl of their group) whispered something to James. James turned his head and glared at me. I let him see my lip curl just to get on his nerves. We sat on our usual table and sone of the cheerleaders and other jocks are sitting with us.

"Come on help me practice Clark!" Dave said and I let out a small laugh and I was about to answer when suddenly I felt someone tapped my soldier.

I turned in my seat and what I saw surprised me, like really, really surprised me. It's Anna and she has her arms crossed. I grinned at hear and open my arms wide like the thing you do when you're welcoming someone to your big mansion.

"What can I do for you Ms. Singine?" I said and she rolled her eyes at me.